Chapter Eight: Misery Is Everyone's Best Friend

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Eight: Misery Is Everyone's Best Friend

                  "How do you feel?"

I glared at the ceiling, hating the fact that I had to report to an idiotic shrink who asked the same questions to each of his clients. Did I care that much to depise coming here? Yes. I didn't want anyone screwing with my mind and to reveal my deepest feelings. I felt...uncomfortable to even be here. I felt like any second, he would ask a question that would bring a tension in this room and he would scribble on his stupid notepad about me.

"Like shit," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest as kept glaring at the ceiling.

The sound of the pencil scribbling and the soft hum of the man's sigh as he kept muttering with himself. "Dr. Rodriguez informed me that you kept this to yourself than telling your loved ones. Why is that?"

I checked the clock on the wall, joy running through me when I noticed that my hour was up. Only five minutes left. I couldn't believe I spent an hour here just laying on a brown leather couch and glaring at the ceiling as the shrink patiently waited until I was ready. I was never going to blurt out my problems to a man who heard so many from his idiotic patients. I was just that: A patient. I was a category in this man's life. A category that he could speak to his family about even though he said these meetings were confidential.

I sat up and rose to my feet, slipping my arms through the leather jacket as the metal hoops in my belt chimed as I walked towards the door, hearing the ringing sound of the timer.

"We'll meet again next Friday, Rhea," he told me and I left the office.

The one thing I wanted was to return to this place. A place that might force me to open up and I didn't want that.

            The music blared from the speakers as masses of people danced, headbanging, and thrashing into moshpits. Neon lights spinning to everywhere in the room as the ground trembled from the heavy beats. The club was full of punks, rockers, greasers, any outcasts from society was thrown here. I sat on one of the red velvet couches in the V.I.P lounge - thanks to Johnny's famous name plus I was friends with the owner since high school - drinking away my anger once again.

Eying the beautiful girls in the club, I hardly wanted to play with them. I was too distracted of counting the minutes it'll take for the pain to come. It was becoming into a game with my body. The last one I had was fifteen minutes, let's see how long the next one would take.

"You looked bummed out, bro!"

I glanced at the guy with his ash blond hair combed back into a pompadour, his blue checkered shirt was buttoned up all the way as his sleeves were rolled back to his elbows. The grease monkey grinned, taking a gulp from his vodka beverage. I chuckled, taking another gulp of my beer as I turned my gaze to the entrance and froze.

"You got to be kidding me," I gritted my teeth as I drank another huge gulp from my beer.

"What?" Henry asked, eyeing the crowd closely until he finally saw what I've been watching. "Dude, who the hell did she think she is coming here?"

I narrowed my eyes as she laughed with two people behind her. She looked skimpy wearing that red dress that reached mid thigh and showed more cleavage. She was a different person now. Her band tees and skinny jeans were off and now she looked like a whore. Her red curls flowed down her shoulders as she flirted with a random guy.