The After

Ashley's Pov

I felt myself fading but I couldn't die. Not now after everything was finally going good in my life. "Baby you have fight" I heard Luca's voice say. He was out of breath and it sounded so far away. I knew if I died he would die too and I didn't want that to happen. If only I could get the hell out his darkness. I heard a rush of foot steps and didn't know what was happening. 

"Get them to the pack doctor. Quickly" I heard someone scream and it sounded like Maxine. Wait she said them. That had to mean that Luca was getting weaker. No, no, no it can't end this way.

I felt myself being lifted and I tried to focus on my surroundings and not the fact that I was floating in and out of consciousness. Luca was right I had to fight. I wouldn't let the darkness consume me. Not as long as I had him to live for. 

The next thing I knew I saw a blinding white light. 

"Come child" I heard a voice say. I was nervous about walking toward it. I didn't want to die, but my wolf kept telling me it would be okay. I walked toward it and the most beautiful woman I had ever seen stood in front of me. My wolf was in awe of her and ready to submit at any moment and I knew she had to be the Moon Goddess. She took my hand and I followed her. 

"You know you have to be one of my most hard headed children" she said bluntly as she stood in front of me with her hands on her hips. We were in front of some sort of thrown looking thing and I just imagined her sitting up here watching our every move.

"Ummm sorry" I said blushing not knowing what else to say.

"You should be. You almost lost you mate because of your foolishness" she said sternly. Again I didn't know what to say.

"But I knew you would get there in the end that's why I put you too together, he brings out the best in you. It was nice watching you transform into the woman I see before me. You're going to be a good Luna and a great mother"

"Thank you. Wait did you say mother?"

"Of course child Luca has to have an heir"

"But" 

"Don't tell me you didn't think you would be pregnant after that mating" she said smirking. I blushed furiously. She was the Moon Goddess and this could not have been more embarrassing. Given my history I should have been fine with sex talk but in her presence it just seemed wrong. 

"Relax child you have nothing to be embarrassed about it's what I intended after all" I relaxed a little after that, she had a point. Finally after a few minutes of silence I got the courage to ask the question I had been wanting to ask since I got here.

"Moon Goddess, am I dead?" I held my breath as I waited for her answer.

"No. You're not dead. You're simply in a state of rest. You should wake up soon" I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What about Luca?" I had to know if he was okay. I wouldn't go back without him.

"Right here baby" I heard his voice and turned around. There he was smiling at me like he had just won the lottery. I ran into his arms and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and I never wanted to let go. The Moon Goddess was beaming at us and Luca kisssed mt cheek before releasing me. I pouted a little but he just laughed. 

"Come on there are two people I want you to meet" The Moon Goddess nodded in encouragement and I followed him.

There was a couple standing that looked as if they were waiting on us. They turned around t face and I couldn't shake the feeling that they looked familiar, like I had seen them somewhere before. 

"Ashley, meet my parents" To say I was shocked would be an understatement. So this is where he was the whole time I was talking to the Moon Goddess. He'd been here all along. She gave him a chance to see his parents again. His mother was beautiful and I could tell why she was so loved. She walked over and embraced me in a hug. I was surprised she didn't slap me.

"It's nice to meet you. I never thought I would have the chance and here you are" said said on the verge of tears. His Dad said nodding in approval. I could instantly see where Luca got his looks from. He was replica of his Dad, but with his mother eyes. 

"You're going to make a fine Luna. You did good son" his Dad said giving him a pat on the back.

"Yes she's perfect, just beautiful" his mom said.

"You're too kind" I said truthfully. 

"She's right you know. You're perfect and most certainly beautiful" Luca whispered in my ear grabbing my waist from behind. I sighed in content and leaned into him.

"It's time" the Moon Goddess said suddenly and I was almost sorry to leave. But I knew we had too. People needed us back in the real world. Luca hugged his parents one last time and I knew he was sad and happy at the same time. Sad that he had to leave but glad that he had the chance to see them again. 

The next thing I knew I woke up in a white room. I heard someone call the pack doctor and knew we had returned.

Luca was in a bed right next to mine and after we were checked we were free to go. I silver had been removed and I was healing on my own now. In a couple days I would be good as new. Luca called a pack meeting in  a hour everyone was gathered in the back yard. 

"As you know we were recently attacked. Most of the rogues have been killed and the others are in the cells and will be dealt with. I want you all to know that there is nothing left to fear. I want to thank you for your loyalty and encourage you to go continue your daily routines and normally as possible. I know that this will be hard for some of you to do and for those individuals know that we are family and you can lean on the rest of the pack if needed. We fought valiantly and won even though we were betrayed. Things looked dim for a moment and I know you guys were worried that you would loose you leaders, but here we stand before you. This pack will not be so easily broken. We are strong and we will only get stronger in the future. As your alpha I will make sure of that"

The crowd cheered and I was proud of my mate.

"Now before I dismiss I have one final annoucement. As you all know Ashley Blakely is my mate. Sweetheart would you join me up here for a moment?"

I walked up to join him and I with a confused expression. He got down on one knee and I couldn't breath.

"You mean the world to me. We have been through so much together and I never thought I could love someone so much until I met you. You drove me crazy at times and even though we had our ups and downs there is no one else I rather be with than you. You are my other half. Will you let me make it offfical and do me the honor of becoming my wife?"