(6) Revealing the Wolf within.

"Girls, you need to wake up.

Girls!"

That certainly got them up. A gentle chuckle had slipped from the twin's father as he stripped them of their duvets and folded it, folding it to pass the time as he spoke.

"You know what today is. Now I expect you two to get up, shower and be dressed by 10:15, you hear me?"

"But.. Papa." Groaning, Ella had gotten up and massaged her pain stricken butt cheek and softly kicked Belle's shoulder, forcing her to react by snatching her sister's foot and tackling her down.

"Isabella! Get off each other this instant and do as I instructed!" The alpha's mood had quickly turned sour and demanding, causing the girls to feel uneasy, almost fearful. It was because of this that he instantly felt guilty and gave of a dramatic sigh and walked out.

Today was a special day indeed.

Every few years on an unexpected date the alphas of all packs around meet in one nuteral territory in order for their offsprings (futer-alphas) to find their mate. Only alphas could mate with alphas. That's just how it was, how it always was. It's for the best anyways, no one needs a tragedy involving loves. We left that to our famous Romeo and Juliet.

As the girls got ready there was an uneasy feeling settling among them, the pits of their stomach pinching and aching for attention. The girls recognised this as the need for change, surprisingly enough it wasn't for the need to shift but of scenery.
For a single moment, Ella's eyes grew a dominant white before meeting her sister's. It was as if she was possessed, or dead. However, that single moment didn't feel like years or minutes, it was just as it always has been.. a single moment. But a lot can happen in a moment, in a series of moments all together can mean heartbreak.. injuries.. death?

After the moment had passed, Belle's shoulder gave a disregarding shrug and went to get changed. Leaving Ella to clutch her silky bed-wear to her chest as she fell back and closed her eyes, pondering on what to wear; how she would look.. if she would be enough for her mate. The thoughts of what it would be like to finally meet and greet her mate scared her amongst other things. Her thoughts swallowed her jolly mood whole. And after a quiet sigh, she felt her fingers entwine with another. Belle had strolled in, taking in her sisters formation and gave a small sigh too before joining her sister on the bed.

"Don't be sad, El.." she encouraged, stroking her sister's hair.
"I can't help it. What if I don't find him, Belle? What.. what if he's de-" before she could finish Belle placed her index finger on her sister's lips, sadness now swimming in her eyes.

"You will." Their father echoed, joining them in with two new dresses in his hands and a unrecognisable smile. "You see.. in your hearts, you will come to understand what is truly important, and what's truly important is what makes you feel whole and happy. It's an indescribable feeling because it's.. I don't know.. When you're emotionally, physically and mentally ready for someone like your mate then you will be vulnerable to them. If he were dead." He spoke softly, staring into Elle's eyes, "then you would know."

Ella looked to her father. Belle faintly smiled and entwined her fingers with her sisters, reassuring her of all her worries.
"My girls," said their father as he wrapped his arms around his girls and pulled them softly to his chest, huggling them tight. How he loved them. He placed a gentle kiss to their forehead and smiled, patting both their backs before letting go to let them finish getting ready.

"It's 9:55! You've got 20 minutes!" He yelled with a gentle laugh, and if you played close enough attention you could hear the silent echo of a high-five.

--- --- ---

It didn't take long for the girls to get ready. In fact it took them around 7 minutes each. They had their outfits prepared the night before.

The girls were ready and the breakfast table by 10:00AM. "Eeep! Allie! The food looks-"

"-and smells absolutely amazing!" Ella finished for Belle, digging into some eggs and bacon. Allie was an un-mated shemale with little to live for. She didn't allow herself to socialise with anyone but the children, the alpha and the beta. And when she wasn't with them she was in her room. Some would swear they heard voices in that room, but that's only because they suspected her to be a little.. abnormal. In the head.

But she was one mean cook, that's for sure. She would cook enough food for a three or four pack houses and they'd still want more. But she would have already been her room by the time anyone, besides the alpha, could ask. Allie was a nice person. In a sense. She was also the late alpha female's cousin. She shut herself off once she died.

She was beautiful, more so than her cousin even at some point. Envied, never hated. Loved for her sweetness and caring manner. But again, when she died. She gave that all up for the twins. Ella and Belle were all she had.

The girls ate silently as Allie washed up. "Are you girls ready?" She softly asked, turning to the girls with a faint smile. The girls finished their plates and looked up. "Yeah.. I mean. Why wouldn't I be?" Belle answered, getting up to hand both hers and Ella's dishes.

"I wasn't asking you." Allie whispered, facing the twins with an emotionless face.

Something sturred within the twin's chests. An uneasy feeling that made them question, doubt, every decision they've ever made. It continued to sturr, build a blackness. An angry hatred. To what? No one will never know. Well.. No one except for Allie, that's for sure.

Within a replicated moment..

Both their eyes turned pearl-white.

Revealing the wolves within.