Love, Revolution and Other Scary Stuff

************Hi !  I just wanted to thank you in advance for reading, it really means a lot to me : ). Before you continue though, I'd just like to let you know that yes, it is kinda long. Yes, it is in Italics, but only because this is the only P.O.V chapter and it's like a prologue in a sense. No, the whole story isn't in italics and the other chapters are not as long : ). Thanks for giving LROSS a chance and I hope you like it enough to read on...? 

XOXOXOXXOXO

Aria 

Chapter 1.1

My father was a science fanatic. Ever since he could remember he has had this intense need to explain the unexplainable. It's been his life work and although most of his efforts have gone...uh...unanswered, there was one that caught the world's attention: The end of life as we know it.

Religions talk about, Prophets of old speak of it, a dumb and poorly miscalculated Mayan calendar spoke of it but none have ever figured out the most important thing--when? My father did. Through research and countless years spent deciphering pass events - earthquake patterns, volcanic eruptions, land slides, continental shifts, scriptures, scrolls etc. - He discovered that the end of the world would not happen on one specific day, but throughout a period. He called it the 'Tempus Ignis Nex' Theorem, and in that theorem the end would come in 4 stages: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. But of course the world ignored him. Some did not believe the world would end at all. Others thought he was a crazy black man waving a dream instead of a bible. Most just laughed. None believed. I really wish they'd have listened.

I must admit to doubting him at times, especially when he began making us build our "refuge". But who could blame me? Every other 11-year-old on my block were having sleep overs, buying their first bra, first kisses and just generally being a kid. But no. Not Me. I was too busy lugging around bags of cement and tools and supplies everyday. Even in the winter. Yep. I was the 'freaky kid who'd rather play with dirt and a hammer than hang out.'

Junior high was hard enough without having, and I quote, "a science crazed weirdo" as a dad.There's puberty, boys the uninhibited love of Teen heart throb's and the constant pressure to fit in to worry about, but having your dad laughed at constantly...Let's just say I wasn't very popular among my peers. But I loved my father with all my heart, and whether the world ended or not, I was going to stick beside him through everything. Ridicule or not. And my mother, brother and baby sister were right behind me.

He had it down to the day, year and time, it was so exact; yet every time he went to the government, whom he spent most of his life working for, to tell them of his discoveries, they never listened. I know it must have hurt him deeply, the betrayal, but I'm sure, wherever they are, they're wishing they'd believed him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 31, 2018 11:59 PM was the very first stage, Fire.

The entire world was drunk off their asses and as usual, completely oblivious. Celebrating the new year and the prosperity and life that would come. They were incredibly wrong. When the clock struck 12:00 the dark night sky seemed to ignite with flame. Dancing across the moonlit sky was deep purples and oranges. Reds and yellows and blues. Flames ate up everything. My father told them that the sun would have a massive explosion and since the earth was steadily moving towards it the blast would eat up a lot of the atmosphere setting a lot of exposed things on fire.

Meteors that weren't detected by supposed 'scientists', hit the earth quickly and swiftly. One after the other. Pounding into it and killing almost everything in their wake. My father explained that dinosaur's once experienced the same thing, billions of years ago. The meteor shower had started to come at us for years but scientists thought that they would burn up in the atmosphere. I guess they never planned on the atmosphere being so weak.