The 150th Date

Just a quick short story I wrote... hope you enjoy :D 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayden called his girlfriend who he had been together with for 4 years. They had been on 149 dates since then and tonight would be their 150th.

'Hey baby, I have a romantic night prepared for you tonight'.

'Oh really?' she replied. 'Are you going to tell me what we're going to do?'

'Not a chance' he chuckled. He loved teasing her like this.

He picked her up from her parents' house where they had played when they were little kids.

He wanted this to be the most romantic night of Diana's life.

Hayden hired a limo to take them to the place he wanted to take his girlfriend. He was very nervous.

She stepped out of her house and Hayden's jaw just dropped. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life and he loved her dearly.

Hayden stepped out of the car and he walked nervously over to Diana.

He grabbed her hand and he kissed it then he took her into a hug.

She looked over at the limo and was gobsmacked.

'Oh my gosh! This is so amazing!'

'Just wait til you get to the rest of the date', he thought. 'Just wait.'

After about a 45 minute drive, the car pulled up to a beach. This beach was amazing. It had pure white sand, palm trees around and the ocean was calmly running in and out off the crystal sand.

When the car came to a halt, Hayden looked into Diana's eyes and thought to himself 'Am I lucky or what!'

Diana didn’t realise what was in store for her tonight.

Hayden ran over to the door and opened it for her.

'You're always quite the gentleman.'

They walked along the fine sand, hand in hand. No talking, just enjoying one another’s company.

As they were walking along the beach the sun began to set.

They sat down on the sand and watched the sun go down. Diana's head was rested on Hayden's shoulders and their hands were entangled.

Hayden turned to face Diana and he looked deep into her eyes. 'I love you so much. I don’t know what I’d do without you.'

His hand reached over to her chin and she looked up at her boyfriend.

All that was lighting the sky was the moon and it was shining brightly.

They kept a fixed gaze on each other and leaned in for a kiss. They kissed passionately into the night.

At around 8 o'clock Hayden broke the kiss and said that they better get going. They hopped into the car and they drove into the city. Their date was far from over. He took her to a restaurant and they had dinner.

The restaurant was decorated with delicate roses and the room was dim. A group of guitar players and violin players came over to the table and sung a love song.

Before she knew it, Diana was taken back to the limo and was driven somewhere else. This time, they seemed to drive towards a block of large buildings. Before Diana could make out what the buildings said, Hayden told her to turn around. She did so and he tied a blindfold around her head.

She had no idea what was planned for her next.

It turns out that the large buildings they were heading towards belonged to the best hotel in their city.

The car came to a stop and Hayden got out of the limo and ran around to Diana's side. He opened her door and guided her up to their room.

Their room was beautiful. Rose petals were scattered across the room and candles were placed around the room.

'Stay here', Hayden whispered in her ear. She was completely motionless. What was she to find when she untied the blindfold?

'Okay... Take off the blindfold.'

In front of her was the love of her life kneeling, holding out an engagement ring.

Before she could speak, she was in tears. She walked over to him and he grabbed her hand.

'Diana', he began. 'In all my life, I never thought I’d be this lucky, to fall in love with my best friend. That day, 4 years, 7 months and 23 days ago was one of the best nights of my life because I told the girl that I loved 'I love you'. Words can’t explain how you've changed me into a better person. You've always been the one I could talk to about anything and I knew you wouldn’t tell anyone. You make me feel so warm inside'. He paused for a moment. 'In saying that, on our 150th date, Diana Johnson, will you marry me?'

In-between sobs, Diana replied 'Hayden, I love you so much. Of course I’ll marry you'.