Chapter XXI

Not sure how good this chapter is going to be...I had tried writing it out yesterday and got stuck...So I'm going to be jumping around a bit in this I hope you all don't mind...It wont be anything major but, it's the only way I could actually get something to write...It isn't all the long either, I would've made it longer but, I couldn't think of more to write for this chap...

Vote

Comment

Fan

(Next Update on Monday)

***********************

The following week Cain was given the okay to go back to school. He had done a lot of complaining from the time he woke up till then. I found it amusing watching him grumble with the doctor every chance he got. You’d think that most people would be relieved that they didn’t have to be in school. Cain was the complete opposite. Personally I think he just wanted to be rid of the doc.

It was Monday and talk of the fight that had occurred the week before was still a hot topic in the halls. Most of the kids that were sent here had never dealt with hunter’s. A lot were afraid because hunters were some to be feared. It didn’t matter that we could kill them with a snap of our fingers because of how much stronger we were. I think it was more of the fact they were human and could be just about anyone. For us, hunter were what nightmares were made of. The one thing we had to constantly be on out toes about, always looking over our shoulder. 

“How are you feeling?” I asked Cain that day after school.

“I’m fine,” he sighed “Everyone really needs to stop asking me that question

“Cain, you almost died last week, it’s normal for people to ask you that question.” I pointed out

“I know that but, it’s getting old.” he said flopping down on the couch.

“Halloween is coming up.” I said changing the subject. I didn’t want to get into it with him again.

“That holiday is so boring,” he groaned 

“It is not boring,” I said placing my hands on my hips. I love Halloween!

Back at home during Halloween my friends and I would all dress up and head out to Front Street. That was like the best place to go on Halloween. Some of the costumes people came up with were crazy. One year a group of people showed up as Mt. Rushmore, that was pretty freaking cool. I then began to wonder what there was to do around here for Halloween. I also needed talk to the girls cause we needed to figure out what we were going to dress up as. I hadn’t realized that Cain was talking to me until he started snapping his fingers in front of my face.

“Did you hear anything I just said?” he asked raising an eyebrow

“Uh, no sorry.” I said sheepishly. 

“I said, Halloween is the most boring holiday ever.” he said 

“Yeah, well you’ll be changing your tune soon enough.” I said dismissively 

“What’s that’s supposed to mean?” he asked 

“Don’t worry about it,” I smiled and pecked him on the lips “I’ll be back, I’ve got to talk to the girls about something.”