Chapter 22

Hi guys!

Another upload!!! As promised. I will upload a few days between chapters. I tried to answer almost all the comments. Sorry if I didn't. Some this will be explained in this chapter and then more chapters that follow. Thanks for the support.

I know there are mistakes throughout this book. I haven't edited and right now I'm using my phone to type.

I think this chapter is short. But that's gonna be normal of in gonna upload frequently. Thanks for understanding.

Hope you enjoy this surprise cause its not gonna happen again soon.

Thanks to Dannytwi for the poem at the beginning if the chapter.

Hearts

****

"With this sadness is how i live

It's the only way I know how to live

It's all I ever truly had

Don't take it away

Don't replace it with you

Because I know

Even you won't last"

Chapter 22

Alpha Carter's point of view. (Surprise)

"Daddy no!" she screamed,

"Please! No! Stop it!" she cried out.

He didn't stop, he continued to drag her by her hair to the basement. She kicked and screamed, she hated that dark place. It was filled with hate. I hated it, it literally broke my heart.

How did she manage to go through this for so many years?

Since the night she was taken by Chester I had these nightmares. Only they were memories of the life she led.

They felt so real, I could feel every punch, kick, every bit of hate that her father beat her with. Worst of all I could feel all these emotions that she felt.

She felt so alone.

So vulnerable.

I woke up in a startle. Running my hands through my hair in frustration. I have been searching for her since that night three weeks ago.

Everyday around this time I would go into a deep sleep where I was subjected to watching my mate get beaten by her father.

I eyes closed again and rested my head against the wall. The events of the night she was taken played over and over again.

(Flashback) I was sitting with some of the pack, not bothered about what was being said when I felt it, the sudden urge to go to the dance floor.

As I got up the she wolves that seemed to surround me all the time followed me, I only had eyes for one though and she was letting the music control her.

At first I stood on the far edge of the dance floor, watching.

Until I couldn't stand and watch anymore, her scent was driving me crazier then ever.

I had to be close to her.

I didn't understand why I was drawn to her now, literally being pulled to her by an invisible force.

I didn't want a mate. I made my self clear, yet through instinct I couldn't keep myself away from her. So I approached her and something magical happened.

We danced together like our lives depended on it.

Only my mistake was taking this as her body wanting mine sexually, I should have seen the signs.

Because this was not some sort of mating dance, she was crying out for help, her wolf called out to mine. But I was clouded by my own need to be close to her.

Everything after that happened so fast. She was pulled out of my hold by Chester who had a sick twisted look on his face. A smug look.

There were several rouge wolves around us. Their eyes black as night revealing their cold dark souls. They were too far gone to reason. This is what vampires done, they captured werewolves as turned then into monsters that they can control.

I was so busy fighting these monsters to focus on what Chester was doing. By the time I realized he was gone it was too late. Because he had already taken Sage. (End if flashback)

Chester was hard to find, he kept covering up his tracks.

Was she okay?

That was the question I was constantly asking myself.

Was she okay?

I did not know what scared me more, not knowing where she was or having this feel like de ja vu all over again.

Because this has happened before, not in the exact same sequence.

First he plays on their deepest darkest thoughts and emotions, inviting then into a world that will distract them from everything they are going through. And when they finally give in to him, even if its just once.

He pounces.

Sage.

Her name playing over and over in my head, she is all I could see when I closed my eyes.

I shouldn't have kept her at arms length. I ran my hand through my messy hair. The weeks that have passed has not at all been good to me.

I need her now.

******