A Bridge To Cross

"A Bridge To Cross"

is a historical romance set in 1927. The story begins in Buffalo, NY as the lives of young, vigorous Leopold Throckmorton and vivaciousPhryne Truffaut are driven into drastic change by deception, betrayal and violence. Phryne and Leopold have kept steady company for almost two years, and are a well-matched pair. The subject of marriage was brought up more than once, but they have never made any definite plans. They seem to shy away from any sense of permanence in their relationship. Secretly, they each fear that marriage will be the end of the fun. Neither of them desire  their lifestyle to change; at least not yet. There is simply too much to do, so much to enjoy and, besides, life so far has been an endless party. Phryne relishes her sexuality and will tease her man at every opportunity.  A touch here, a whisper there, a hand carefully placed in his lap, or a squeeze of his thigh is not only a temptation for him, but a thrill for her. He knows it, and sometimes pretends to ignore her with detached indifference. This only makes her tantalizing behavior even more direct, and his playful rejections stronger. It is foreplay that can last for hours, and always ends with passionate, prolonged and fervent rapture.  Phryne and Leopold share an avaricious love of life that is fervently practiced as the accepted norm in 1927.

Living and loving in the "Roaring Twenties" is exactly that: experiencing life with a resounding roar.  Forces beyond their control eventually make the roar even louder and dangerously deafening.