Devil in the Flesh

“Over there, you see him? He’s so hot!” My best friend Kat squealed, and I couldn’t help but laugh at her. She was a little…guy crazy. Okay, a lot guy crazy. And when she saw something she liked, she pounced. Which ironically seems fitting, seeing as her name is Kat.

In fact, she had the whole predator look down to a tee. With her long dark hair that cascaded down her back, and dark mysterious eyes, she was a magnet for the unknown. And she knew it. “I should go over and introduce myself.” She said with a flirty smirk.

I let out a sigh. “Well, I know you’ll end up doing it eventually, so why not sooner rather than later?” I stated with another laugh. She flashed me her bright white smile, winked, and disappeared in the crowd.

I shook my head, amused by her behavior. I ran a hand through my honey blonde hair, as my eyes scanned the mass crowd for a familiar face.

I didn’t find one. Some guy at our college had a friend who threw amazing parties, so he got this whole thing together. If I were the partying type, I would be having a blast.

It was hard to hear anything over the loud booming music, as I lost complete sight of her. I took sip of my beer, a slight frown surfacing on my face. This party totally blows. I feel out of my element. This isn’t my scene at all, and somehow I always end up getting ditched by Kat, and warding off drunken creeps. Fun time? Hell no.

“Hey gorgeous,” I heard a voice say, as I turned around. A big jock stood in front of me, clearly drunk off his ass, as his perverted eyes moved up and down my body. “You wanna dance?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m good, thanks.” I retorted, as I took another swig.

He made a pouting face, as he advanced closer towards me. I narrowed my eyes. “Awwe come on, don’t be like that baby.” I held back a gag, as he put an arm around me. “I just want one dance, don’t play hard to get.” He pulled me towards him, as I pushed back.

“Get off me you jackass!” I exclaimed, and he glared.

“Quit being a bitch and just dance with me!” He said, as he jerked me closer to him. I wiggled, trying to get free. But me being 5’4 doesn’t really work when I’m going up against a big football player. Plus he’s wasted, so there’s that too.

“I think she said she was good.” Another voice said, as I glanced over and saw a guy I’ve never seen standing there.

The jackass jock glared at him, as he released me. “And who the fuck are you?” He spat, as he stepped towards the guy. He was really…handsome. I mean yes he was hot, but he just seemed so…mature and calm. I knew he was older, but there was just something about him. He was wearing a loose white button up and dark jeans, and he looked…wow.

He was probably about 6 feet tall, with short blonde hair and a bit of scruff. He was gorgeous, but it wasn’t like he was trying hard or anything.

“I’m the guy who’s about to knock you on your ass if you don’t walk away right now.” The guy answered smoothly.

His eyes flickered in my direction, and as our gazes locked, I felt my stomach do flip-flops. His stare took my breath away, as corny as it sounded.

The jock shuffled, clearly debating on what do say next. “Well…why don’t you make me?” He growled, as the mysterious stranger let out a low chuckle.

“I see. We’re back to second grade insults. Well, you’re forcing me to do it.” He shifted his weight, as the jock let out a drunken laugh.

“I’m waiting. When are you gonna force me to….” Before he even knew what was happening, the guy reeled back his fist, slamming it into his face. With a loud thump, he hit the floor, out cold.