Chapter Six♥

Dedicated to glamouress for making the amazing cover on the side!

              Sunlight streamed through my curtains, the crystal that I hung in front of my window sent glimmers the colour of the rainbow onto my cream walls. I blinked sleepily and raised my arms behind my head, flinching when I heard a number of clicks as I stretched. I frowned when I felt a sharp pounding in my temple, why did I drink last night? Memories of the party washed over me – Miles flirting with me, drinking, dancing with Jared, going outside, Darren’s lunging lips, Jared coming to my rescue. I frowned when I drew a blank, what else happened last night?

            I sat up abruptly and realized that I was in my own bed. I sighed in relief when I saw that I was in bed, alone. The last thing I needed right now was to wake up with a stranger next to me and have no idea how he got there. I studied my room for a moment and saw that everything was how it should be, my floor was still covered in my clothes, my walls were still cluttered with photographs of me and my friends and I saw that my high heels had been set against my bed.

            How did I get here?

            Did I sneak in when everyone else was asleep?

            I looked down at myself and saw that I was still in my dress from last night, although I still had Jared’s oversized navy hoodie on my shoulders. For some reason I buried my nose into the fabric and sighed when I realized it still smelled of him.

            Why did the prick have to smell so good?

            I thought back to last night and played with the ends of the hoodie. After last night could I even class Jared as a prick anymore? He had stopped Darren from practically molesting me on a bench, and he had been sweet to give me his hoodie. I massaged my temples, the pounding in my head becoming worse as I tried to make sense of Jared Felton.

            I stumbled out of bed and put on my slippers. I couldn’t just lie here all day and try and decide if Jared was a prick or not, no, that would just seem…obsessive.

            I trudged down the stairs, my slippers making a scuffing sound against the wood. I rubbed my eyes as I went to cross the living room so I could go into the kitchen and grab some Paracetamol for my growing headache.

            “You’re finally awake then.” My head snapped in the direction of my Mum’s voice.

           She was sat on the sofa with Dad by her side. Her arms were crossed, her cheeks red and her eyes were blazing. She was shaking with anger and my eyes widened when I saw that the anger that was rolling off her in waves, was directed at me.

            I opened my mouth to say something, but she raised her hand, effectively silencing me.

         “Sit down now,” Mum barked, the vein in her forehead bulging as she tried to contain her anger. When I didn’t move her nostrils flared, “You are going to sit down right now Jade, and you are going to explain to us why Jared Felton carried you into this house last night, while you were passed out!”

           Oh shit!