Chapter Six.

Chapter Six

Abigail:

I was sitting at the table I was at yesterday, trying to control the sound of my growling stomach. I was so hungry right now, and all I wanted to do was cry at how hungry I was. I was just happy the café was made too loud by the teenagers for anyone to hear my growling stomach. I looked around and saw spaghetti, sandwiches, and other stuff that made me even hungrier! I know the more I didn't think about it, the faster it would just go away, but right now, my stomach wanted some pizza.

I felt people come up to my table, and I turned my head back to see Scott and his brothers and their girlfriends sitting down at my table. My eyebrows forward together as I turned to Colleen, who sat down next to me. She smiled.

“I don’t care what you say—well, you get what I mean, but we’re sitting with you,” she said. She then looked annoyed. “Plus, I can talk to you about how much of a jerk Tristan is."

Tristan sighed heavily. “Colleen, don’t start this again! Let’s face the facts. Babe, your father hates my guts.”

Colleen turned her head to him and scoffed, “He doesn’t! I want you to come over tonight so we all can spend time together and for you and him to get to know each other!, Tristan, why can’t you do this one thing for me?!” Tristan then turned on Colleen and went off about her not making him feel guilty and other stuff.

“Sky, I’m not drinking that!” Haley complained at the carton of milk in front of her. “You know I can’t drink just plain milk. If you want me to drink milk it's got to be chocolate,” She snapped at him.

“Hal, it’s much better. It’ll be healthier for him,” he said, opening the carton of milk.

“But it smells weird for some reason,” she said, pushing it aside. “I’ll just end up throwing it up. No, I refuse.” Now they went off arguing for some reason about eating healthier for some baby. I couldn’t really see if she was pregnant or not since she was wearing a large hoodie.

“Shay, no more!” Victoria hissed and her voice was raising, but she controlled it. “I am too young to become a mother. Getting pregnant by mistake was one thing, but on purpose? I don’t think so. We’ll have kids when we finish college.”

Shay groaned. “But college is too far away. I grew attached the idea of it last year and I…I just wish that stupid miscarriage never happened,” he whispered, but hissed it.

“Well, it did. I didn’t want it either, but everything happens for a reason,” she said. They now went off arguing about this so called miscarriage. What is with these people and having kids? I turned my head to Scott who was next to me and I gave a disbelieving, shocked look.

He brought his can of soda up to his mouth and took a sip. “Welcome to my life.” he said as he shook his head.

At that moment my stomach cried out loudly. Embarrassed, my hand flew to my stomach, and my cheeks burned up. I looked down at the table in embarrassment. I should have sneaked something from the lunch room.