Façade: Within - Prologue

Façade: Within – Prologue

~~

A student of interrogation department, Krista Blair, is determined to get revenge of her mother’s ‘innocent death’. She is also known as the Princess of KION, a group made by her father 7 years ago.

A student of cryptic department, Chehon Kyle, is assigned on an undercover mission to gain information on a certain group. He joined KION as their cryptologist for almost 3 years now.

It was the first time he met her. But it’s not the first time she met him. And the first word she uttered was Lex. Thrown with different codes and cryptic, will Krista be able to decipher the codes, cryptic, or him?

~~

Just when I finally got it, I’m too late…

Just when I have the courage, everything comes crashing down…

Just when I thought it is over, things change…

Just when I found you again, you’re not the same…

Just when I’m falling

..

..

..

You showed your true color.

Now I’m left to believe that what happened is only a fragment of my dream.

~~

Zein Ndakota and Klein Ndakota have been rivals since the start of their memory.

Over the love of their mother, father, society’s recognition

..

..

..

And Her.

Then these rivalries continued, passed down to generations unknowingly. Whenever two siblings fought, they relate them as the descendants of the Ndakota's.

But another side of the story, it is said to be a myth. Believed by people in the rural area, till it spreads all over the country. Until there is a point where they don't know what to believe.

Rumors slowly died down a decade or so leaving the people bewildered in their wake.

'Don't disturb a resting god.' An old saying once stated. 'For it will rise and let you feel the wrath of his power.'

--

“Appearances deceive.” I glare at the paper. I know that firsthand. Oh, how true that phrase is. “You know it’s not that hard.” With all the smugness in his voice.

“For you! I quietly argue.

“…”

“Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the answer?” I turn around and gave him my Interrogation intimidating face.

When he smirked, I know it’s something.

..

..

..

“I love you.”

--

“So how did it go? Did you land first base? I bet not coz I personally trained her about self defense.”

By the time he finished, I was uncharacteristically red. But.

“Yeah, we even go further. She’s such a good moaner.” I smirked at his panicked face and got out of the house before he could do something.

--

He started kissing my neck, inhaling my scent. It was achingly familiar that I want to tear up, making me do nothing but just stand.

"You're still as tease as ever, krissy." His husked voice whispered on my ear, sending shivers on my spine. "I've missed you." He said as he turned me around and without any notice - kissed me.

--

I immediately saw a package sitting innocently on my desk. My heart thumped loudly that I could barely hear anything but it. Even with the ac on max, I could feel my hands sweating and my body tense as I glare with much distaste on that object.

A paper was also placed inside the back cover. A paper full of numbers.

Great another cryptic threat to solve.

--

"L, we need to report this to boss now."

"A little fun won't kill, V." Playing another dart on his hand, he raised it up, throw it and it grazed on the cheeks of the first captive, a thin streak of blood now visible.

"You missed."

"I never miss. I'm merely... leveling the play field." He said in a monotone voice, walking out of the room.

The woman followed. But before closing the door, something - someone fell down making the chair screeched loudly and the remaining two captives freeze in shock.

--

After three days of confining herself in her room, she finally got what's bothering her. The enigma revolving around him.

 ..

'Meet me, where this first started.'

 ..

She knew very well where and it is nowhere near the gardens.

 ..

Reality struck hard and cold like a bucket of ice. The only question she could think of - Why?

~~

AN: Dedicated to @MsButterfly, I really love your BHO series <3 Ganda talaga! :) Fave ko si Summer at Ice, hahah.

PS: Edited - 6/15