Chapter 16 - Who Would Have Known

"Wake up baby." Dominic spoke tapping my cheek.
My eyes began to flutter before they opened completely.
"My babies! Where are my babies?" I jumped up.
I realized where I was, when glancing around.
"Dominic, he has my babies!" I choked.
I could feel tears building up at the back of my throat.
"Calm down Ari." He spoke trying to console me.
"What do you mean? Carl kidnapped my kids! Do you not understand?" I screamed.
"I hear you, but you're making a scene right now."
"Making a fucking scene?  I'm calling the police!"
Dominic snatched my phone away as I was dialing and yanked me out of the daycare.
"Let go of me! Give me my phone Dominic! "
"I told you to calm the fuck down. You can't call the police Ari!" He explained while releasing my arm.
"What do you mean I can't call the police?"
He scratched the top of his head and exhaled deeply before speaking.
"He wants money Ari."
"What?"
"Five hundred thousand and no police, he sent you a text explaining what he wanted. We we're trying to figure out what was caused you to faint, I looked through your phone and I saw a message."
"I don't have that kind of money Dominic, he is going to hurt my babies."
I could feel myself breaking down as Dominic wrapped his arms around me.
"I have the money, we just have to think of our next move." He spoke into my ear.

   I sat in the passengers seat of Dominic's car as he went into the bank to withdraw the money. My heart was racing as I stared blankly out of the window. I took a deep breath and rested my head against the seat cushion, trying to clear my mind. When I heard Dominic pulling at the door, my eyes opened slowly.
"Dominic, what if I never see my babies?" I cried as he handed me the brief case of money.
He paused in the middle of buckling his seat belt.
"Just trust me Ari."
He kissed my lips softly before continuing to fasten his seat belt.
At that very moment I put everything in his hands.
I sat back in my seat  once again and exhaled deeply as we pulled off.

      We waited around hours for Carl to call. The thought of him hurting my babies had me stressed. I hated the fact that he was calling the shots and had the upper hand. I sat in Dominic's car as we waited patiently. I cried until I had no more tears and my throat was horse. When I heard my phone ring, I quickly pulled it out of my purse, nearly dripping it.
"Hello." I spoke into the phone.
"What's up Misty?" Carl teased into the phone.
"Where are my kids Carl?"
"Shut the fuck up, you ain't running shit Arianna!" He screamed into the phone.
I was silent.
I could feel Dominic staring at me but I didn't look in his direction.
"You got the money?"
"Yes." I exhaled.
"Well bring it to me and I'll have the kids dropped off to that nigga."
My eyes widened. I was sure that Dominic would be by me every step of the way.
"I hope you didn't think you was bringing that nigga. You know me better than that." He laughed into the phone.
My nerves were on edge and my heart was beating rapidly.
"Meet me at the West Lincoln Airport with the money and don't try no funny shit Arianna. You come by yourself." He disconnected the call.

      Before I could get any words out, I swiftly pushed open Dominic's door and  spewed all over the parking lot. Dominic began patting and rubbing my back.
"Are you okay?"
"Yea." I spoke wiping my mouth and leaning back inside of the car.
"What did he say?"
"He wants me there alone." I spoke obviously terrified.
"No, call him back because that wasn't the original plan." Dominic spoke in defense.
I shrugged.
"It's okay baby. He won't do anything. I just need you to get my babies. I'll handle the rest."
Dominic had a crazy look on his face but I told him that I could handle it.
The truth was, I didn't know if I could handle it. I only knew that I would want Dominic and my mom to raise my children if anything happened to me. For a moment, I contemplated on telling Dominic that I was 3 weeks pregnant but shrugged the thought away. I didn't need him worrying about me and this unborn child; it would cause confusion.