Chapter Seven

It was a few days later and eveyone knew about us again. We weren't in the tabloids as anything bad yet, that was a good sign. Paparazzi knows everything.

"Okay guys." Uncle Hal said, clapping his hands together.

"Yeah?" Zayn asked.

"We're going to the recording studio."  

All of the guys groaned. "C'mon. You all knew this was apart of the deal. Either way, you have to practice for the US tour with Big Time Rush." Uncle Hal said, opening the door. The boys and I followed him out.

"GIVE YOUR HEART A BREAK!" Niall screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Niall loves Demi." Louis chuckled.

"She's a great singer." Niall blushed.

Zayn rolled his eyes, "Yeah that's why."

Liam changed the radio station and "First Night of My Life" by Lucas Prata boomed through the speakers. "OOOOOHHH TONIGHT IS THE FIRST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!" Harry sung, very loudly.

"God Harreh." Louis complained, rubbing his ear.

"That's revenge. Remember all those days on the X Factor when you screamed in my ear?" Harry smirked, leaning back in his seat, throwing an arm around me. Louis rolled his eyes. We pulled up at Syco Records. The boys got out of the car and walked into the recording studio.

"C'mon Chloe!" Uncle Hal whispered/yelled in my ear, and grabbing my wrist.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.

"You know how Harry's birthday is today?" He asked.

"Oh my God. I forgot." I gulped.

"It's okay. I think everyone did. Anyway, we're going to surprise him." He grinned evilly. He jumped into the Cadillac Escalade and we pulled out.  

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm dropping you off at the mall and I'm going to the bakery. Will you be okay by yourself for a little while?" He asked, taking his eyes off the road and looking at me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Here's £75." He said, handing me some money out of his wallet.

"Stop driving with your knee!" I yelled, grabbing the wheel.

"I'm a professional." Uncle Hal smirked. He turned his blinker on and we turned to the right.  

"I'll pick you up in an hour?" Uncle Hal asked. I nodded and jumped out of the car.  

I walked into the mall and took in my surroundings. This mall was huge! Half of these stores aren't even in the U.S.  

I walked around the mall, trying to find something an 18 year old boy might like. It was an hour later, and I couldn't find anything I like. Maybe I need to give him a gift that isn't worth money. 

That's when I had the perfect birthday present.

-------------------------------------

Harry's POV:

"Where did Chloe go?" I growled at Hal.

"Calm down. She's with me." He said, through the phone.

"Where did you go?" I asked, looking out of the studio's window.

"I'm running some errands." He said, I could practically see him roll his eyes,

"What are we supposed to do? We've recorded everything, what's the point of being here?" I asked, knackered.

"Record Use Somebody." He said, impatiently.

"That's the song we're supposed to sing for the tour." I persisted.

"Oh my God, Harry. Go talk to Greg." He said. I heard the line go dead and I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Greg?" I asked Liam, walking into the recording studio.

"Don't know. He wasn't in here when I got here."  

I was stressing out. Today my birthday and I couldn't even see my mom. She was on a trip that didn't get back until next week. I love my mum more than anything and I would literally do anything to  see her.

"I'm here! Don't freak out!" Greg yelled, sprinting into the room with Michelle behind him. Greg helps us with the recording and Michelle is his assistant.

"Where's Louis?" I asked. Bloody hell, why is everyone disappearing on me.

"He was just. Huh. I don't know!" Niall said, confused. I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a long day.  

"I've been roaming around.. I was lookin down at all I see. Painted faces fill the places I can't reach.. You know that I could use somebody." I sang.  

1 hour and 10 songs later, Hal walked into the recording studio with Chloe. We were bored and stared singing "So Good" by BOB.

"Finally!" Zayn said, reading all of our minds.

"C'mon boys, let's go." Hal said, making a 'follow me' motion with his hands.

We bid Greg and Michelle our adiues and followed Hal to the car.

"Now where are we going?" I asked, entwining my hand with Chloe's. She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back at her. She was so beautiful and she didn't even know it. I was so lucky to have her.

We pulled up at the house and everyone jumped out of the car. I grabbed the keys out of the flower pot and unlocked the door. I flipped the lights on. "Surprise!"  

I jumped, horrified. "Happy Birthday Harry!" Everyone screamed.

All the boys came up and told me happy birthday. So did a bunch of others. I searched everywhere for my mum in hopes that she came to surprise me. But she didn't. She wasn't here.

I opened my presents and thanked everyone that gave them to me. I haven't seen Chloe in about an hour. I wondered where she was. This was a good birthday, but not as good as they have been. I know I sound like a seven year old but all I really wanted was my mum.

"You didn't get to open my present." Chloe said, walking inside.

"There's no more presents." I told her.

"Oh, I just had to pick it up. Close your eyes." I did as told. I heard the door shut and Chloe tell me to open.

When I opened my eyes, I knew it was the best birthday present ever. My mum was standing infront of me.

"Mum!" I yelled, hugging her.

"Hello Harry." She pulled away and looked at me, "You've grown up so fast."

"How'd you get here?" I asked, looking from her to Chloe.

"Did you do this?" I asked her. She just smiled. 

"I thought you were on vacation." 

"I was but Chloe called me and told me she needed me here. I took the quicked flight home, and I made it in two hours. Chloe just picked me up from the airport."

I walked over to Chloe and planted my lips on hers. She was undoubtly the best girlfriend I've ever had. She did all this for me. She was amazing.

I walked over to my mum and had a conversation with her on the couch.

"So Chloe, she's a sweet girl."

"She sure is."

"And you're going to treat her right, right?" she asked.

"I'll treat her the way I treat my mother." I smiled at her.

"Good." She smiled, kissing my cheek. 

"Time to cut the cake!" Hal announced, walking in with a huge cake shaped as an H.

"Make a wish, Harry." Niall said.

"Oh, I've already got my wish."