I Want to Go Home

It was well past midnight as she strolled down the damp streets of Buffalo, New York. The showers had just past a while ago, the small drizzle that came down upon the city giving the towering buildings a nice rinse and bringing a misty air to the area.

She was walking home from work, towards her small one bedroom apartment that was slightly shabby, run down, and a bit of climb to get to as it was on one of the building's higher floors, but it was where she called home for the time being. It gave her a place to go to and that was all she really cared about. As long as there was a roof over her head and food in her stomach, she didn't mind too much about the conditions.

“Quinn,”

A voice like honey called her name smoothly, the brunette turning to face a man who stood in the middle of an alleyway. He walked a bit into the light, his features becoming illuminated, and she could better see him and his fair skin, the stubble upon his chin, and the jet black hair that was styled messily upon his head. Though, out of all his features, his piercing red eyes were most prominent. The male appeared to be only a few years older than she, but she knew better than that.

“Micah,” she sighed out his name as he had startled her somewhat.

Hearing her say his name so delicately brought a small smirk to his thin lips. “It's been a while, Quinn. How've you been?”

Her brown tresses swayed gently as she gave a nod of the head. “Good, nothing's wrong.”

“You seem a bit off today. Are you sure nothing's wrong?”

Quinn nodded again. “Yeah, probably just tired from work, that's all.”

Approaching her slowly, he let his arm reach out towards her and wrap around her shoulders, pulling her into his torso. “We've been friends a long time, Quinn.”

Quinn wouldn't exactly call themselves friends. They both knew each other. She knew what he was. They'd talk and he'd enjoy her human company whenever they'd bump into each other. Their interactions were brief and meant nothing much to her in all honesty. Since he hadn't bitten her or attempted to since meeting one another, she figured he was good enough company to bump into on occasion. Her upbringing had allowed her to see that not all vampires were dangerous, of course she knew better than to just drop her guard while around one.

“I suppose so,”

With his arm still around her shoulders, he began to lead her into the alleyway and she could feel her stomach drop. She didn't like where this was going. “You're a nice girl, Quinn – classy, cute, and beautiful. That's what I think of you.”

“Well, thank you, Micah,”

“What do you think of me?”

“What do I think?”

“Yes,”

“Of you?”

“Yes,” he chuckled. “That's what I'm asking.”

“You're nice,” she began, trying to think of anything else to add to it. “And really interesting.”

“Ah, so I pique your interest, do I?” Quinn could only chuckle nervously, not giving a direct reply to his assumption. “That's coincidental since you pique my interest as well.”

“Do I now?” She questioned. “Well, I don't think I'm all that interesting, Micah.”

“But you are,” he disagreed. “You're the most interesting person I've ever met, Quinn. You've been on my mind since we've first met. You and your essence are so inviting. It's reflected even in your blood, the scent around you is just so... enchanting.”

“No, really. I'm nothing special, Micah. I'm sorry, but I've got to go home now, so could you please let me go?”

Micah let her shoulders free and Quinn was glad to see him cooperating. That relief quickly fled as he gripped her shoulders with a gentle, but firm grip, causing her to look him directly in the eyes.

“Micah?”

“Quinn, you're everything I could have ever wanted. No one means as much to me as you do. I know we have never gotten to know each other well, but you're a beauty and I've never been so attracted to someone before.” His face inched closer to hers and she could feel her heart beat begin to race. “We can get to know each other starting now, though, and we could take our time, all of eternity if you wanted. Let me turn you. You won't regret it. I love you.”

Her gaze hit the floor, her blue orbs darting around as she tried to think of anything to convince him otherwise. Physically, she was no match for him, so if there was any way out of this, it'd be words that would get her out of this situation. “Micah, this isn't... this is crazy. You don't love me. You... you're just infatuated with my blood.”

Smirking, one hand left her shoulder, his index finger placing itself right under her chin and lifting it right back up so he could look into her blue pools again. “Are you saying that I should just suck you dry right now?” He purred out as a joke, but to her it was no laughing matter.

“Micah... I don't love you. I'm sorry.”

“Aren't you listening, Quinn? You can learn to love me.”

“Micah, no. I can't love you like you want me to. I just don't feel that way about you. I have someone else.” Her thoughts flashed quickly over to Jacob Black, her heart warming inside her chest as she thought about everything about him, but Micah's voice snapped her back to reality.

“Who then? Who? Tell me and I'll make sure that they realize they aren't for you. You're meant for me, Quinn. We're meant for each other.”

“No, Micah. We're not. We're two completely different people. Now, please, let me go.”

“Quinn, you'll love me as time goes by. Trust me.”

“I won't, Micah, and that's a promise. I will never love you.” She retorted, tired that this conversation was just going in circles. “If you really loved me, you'd let me go to be happy.”

Micah scoffed. “Don't you usually see that crap in movies?” Quinn glared at him and Micah rolled his burgundy eyes. “You're mine, Quinn. That's all there is to it.”

“Micah, I'll never be yours. Even if you change me, I'll never be yours or love you.”

His hands squeezed her shoulders tightly, Quinn grimacing from the pain and letting out a gasp from the discomfort. “Quinn, I'll give you a choice just to show you how much I love you. You can spend an eternity with me and you can learn to be mine, or I can go ahead and go to the people who'll ruin your life as a human, to the ones who'll take it away themselves – you've heard of the Volturi, right?”

The Volturi. She'd heard the name mentioned when Bella had been in danger when she and Edward were still enrolled in Forks High. She didn't know much about them, but it was clear by the way he was talking about them that they were pretty dangerous and a force to be reckoned with.

“It doesn't matter.” She found herself replying. “Go ahead and go to them. I'd rather take my chances being killed by other vampires than be anything to you.”

His brow furrowed together and he backhanded her, her body flying to the side and landing against a dumpster. Micah's red eyes glared at her with unimaginable hatred. “Have it your way, Quinn. Just know that you'll come to regret that decision.” With that, he disappeared into the darkness of the night, leaving Quinn by herself, slumped up against the metal container.

She could feel tears beginning to build up in her eyes from not only the agony she felt at the moment due to his assault, but from also the fear that she could feel creeping upon her.

I want to go home...