Chapter 35: Murder Can Flow Through Your Veins

A/N: hey guys! I'd just like to say thank you for over 1,000 reads! It means so much to me! LOL I know hardly anybody reads these author's notes, but whether you read them or not, thanks a ton! This chapter begins in Snow's POV, just to let you guys know :D

My eyes flew open and I sat up with a soft gasp. I ached, but before I could emit any sound of pain, I somehow shifted into my Wolf form. I attempted to let out a whine, but my throat refused to work. What was wrong with me?! The room I was in was heavy with darkness, and my eyes refused to adjust to it.

Something brushed against my flank and I shot forward, hoping to find an exit. Lady Luck was with me, and somehow I ended up in a blinding tunnel of light. I shot down the hallway, snapping at anyone or anything that came close to me. My mind refused to think things clearly and my body refused to obey my mind.

I was struggling with myself for control. My paws pounded against the stone floor, the clicking of my nails and slapping of my paws, combined with my heavy breaths driving me forward. My eyes darted to all the shadows as I continued down the center of the brightly lit hallway. I heard a scrabbling behind me, followed by the pounding of shoes.

Adrenaline raced through my veins, and I darted forward with much more energy than I had before. My mind screamed at me to stop and my body continued to race. STOP! My mind shouted. Why are you running when you don't know what you're running from? With temporary control over my body, I dug my paws deep into the ground, scrabbling for purchase on the smooth stone.

With great effort, I managed to halt myself and spin around, my teeth bared in a wild snarl, fear receding from my body as I got a hold of myself. A Wolf darted before me and I snarled at it, not recognizing its scent or how it looked. The Wolf gazed at me, its electric blue eyes flashing in surprise before it bowed its head and bared its long canines at me, hesitating.

I snarled and leaped forward a bit, trying to warn it back. Stay away from me! I snarled silently. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you don't back off! The Wolf shook its dark fur, almost sadly closing its eyes before they opened and it lunged at me.

*Aisu's POV*

Snow leaped out of the way as my teeth closed on empty air, right where her scruff had been. As much as this hurt me and went against my feelings and instincts, it was something I had to do, for Snow, and for the good of the pack. I spun around, trying to size Snow up, but she was moving around too much for me to do anything. Her teeth snapped at me in another warning, but she didn't hurt me just yet.

I lunged at her and I saw sadness flash in her gray eyes before pain erupted in my side. I let out a howl as she bit into my flank, before she darted under me and nipped at the back of my front paws and escaped my slashing teeth. I scrabbled on the smooth floor, trying to find my balance again, before Snow rammed her head just behind my ribs and sent me flying sideways, into the wall.

(I feel the madness creeping slowly, loved by many, I'm still lonely... LOL sorry listening to Falling in Reverse...I'm bound by fear, of being trapped, i'm falling faster, fade to black... something's standing, in my way...)

Snow pounced onto me, not wasting a minute before she gently bit down onto my windpipe. Submit. She hissed to me. I shook my head as much as I could, before she bit down harder. Submit! Her body language screamed. I whined but refused. This was her time to prove she could force someone to submit.

(i'm always searching, for serenity... and i'm always standing, on the edge of reality...)

Snow's eyes narrowed dangerously, and she clamped her jaws down harder. I was struggling for air, and not getting any. My lungs were beginning to ache painfully. Snow let out a soft whine, as if asking what are you doing?? but she didn't let go. So far she was passing. My vision was beginning to fade when Snow let go. She kept a loose hold on my throat, but made no move to let go, or tighten her hold.

Snow growled as I moved and I froze. Snow quieted, but growled menacingly each time I moved. I sighed and bowed my head. I submit. I signaled. I rolled onto my back, my paws uncomfortably raised. Snow growled once and let go, before she whined as if asking, are you okay? Snow promptly darted off, as if in search of something. I sighed, but remained where I was.

(magically i turn tragedy into melodies over catchy beats, it comes so naturally, so smooth and casually, that's why they call me king, of the music scene)

*Snow POV*

I wanted the Wolf to stay where it was, before I darted off toward the scent of chemicals and sterile rooms. As I spotted a tall man in a white coat, I barked and bit into the tail of his coat, dragging him with me. The man resisted me at first, before something was shouted at him and he went along with my hurried pace.

I tugged the man's coat with more force and growled, urging him to hurry and keep up with me. I stopped in front of the wolf that stared at me with it's head tilted to one side, as if saying, What are you doing? I sat and let go of the man, before I whined and nodded my head toward the fluffy looking Wolf.

(honest to God I will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart... LOL sorry 30 Seconds to Mars)

The man in the white coat stared at me strangely before he began to inspect the Wolf. He crouched down and looked for (I assume) lacerations or something else before he stood and turned to me. "I don't know what you're worried about, but he's fine." I eyed the Wolf.

I sniffed and grinned as best I could at the man, before he walked off. I glanced at the Wolf from the corner of my eye before I let out a yawn and walked away. Now that he was okay, the Wolf was not my problem anymore. I pelted down the hallway before I found a secluded area and curled up on my side, half-alert.

*Aisu POV*

I shifted human as Frost, Hail, and Sleet ran down the hallway, concern on their faces. "So?" Sleet asked, his voice rather high with worry, "Did she pass?" I grinned and nodded, before I frowned a bit.

"She did the strangest thing though. After she made me submit she actually got some scientist guy to check if I was injured and then she left." I said, trying to figure out why she'd done what she'd done. "When Snow wakes up she'll get her memory back."

I started down the hallway in the direction she'd gone. "Let's go find Snow before people start wondering why a huge black Wolf is sleeping in a random place." I kept a slow pace as we went down, to ensure that Snow would be asleep and not a grumpy half-asleep Wolf.

I looked left and right, searching for Snow's Wolf form, not to find it anywhere. Where had she gone? So I decided to use my nose. I followed the scent of vanilla and cinnamon until I reached a wall. "She went into a wall? You've got to be kidding me! Where IS she?" I searched around until I stepped onto a nearly invisible ledge and looked up to find the most ridiculous thing!

Archer sat upon a high ledge that was now level with my eyes, and had a sleeping Wolf nestled in his lap. I let out a quiet laugh. Snow's head was sitting in Archer's lap as he stroked the fur between her two ears, which twitched every once in a while. I laughed loudly as she growled at thin air when he tapped her nose teasingly.

I stepped away and led the rest of the pack down the hallway. "Wait, aren't we getting Snow?" Hail asked, his eyes worried. I chuckled.

"Snow's in good hands, she'll find us later." With that I walked into the meeting room to talk to Shinobi.

____________________________

Hey guys! I'm SO SORRY! This chapter is probably REALLY short (since Wattpad won't tell me how long it is D:<) and I haven't updated in forever! Let me give a quick excuse! I've had softball FIVE times this last week and I've been doing my homework and I've been really busy at home! It's a lame excuse, I know, but please bear with me!

On Friday morning I'm leaving to China until April 1st, so I probably won't update during that 9 days until the 2nd or 3rd to apologize for my epic lateness and lack of updates! Once again, I'm really sorry.

I'm really excited though, because on April 6th I get to go to a BOTDF concert with my buddy Reagan! YAAAAAAY! LOL sorry, I kinda spazzed.

Until Next Time (which is hopefully soon!)

October :DS