Chapter 1- The Transfer

My Side of the Story

Chapter 1- The Transfer

"All my friends have come and gone, it's like my past erased and travelled into space..."

The song 'C'mon C'mon' by 'Go Betty Go' filled my room as I got ready for school. I couldn't decide whether to put my hair up into a pony tail, or just let it hang loose. I still couldn't believe that later it would be my first day in a new school, as a high school student.

Still contemplating what to do with my hair, I gazed at the clock on my messy bedside drawer to see what time it was. It was only six in the morning and I was already up and freaking out! My new school was a 30 minute drive away and started at seven, so I had to be up at the crack of dawn.

Giving up on what to do with my hair, I figured I'd just let it hang loose, past my shoulders, and began to apply some mascara and eyeliner; it was the only make up I wore.

Thinking of anything else I needed to do, I heard my Aunt Lynn shouting downstairs "Mia! The carpool is here! Come down quickly and don't keep them waiting. You're not the only one that they're going to be picking up!"

Quickly looking around my messy room, I picked up anything I might need later at school and ran downstairs, before my Aunt woke up next door's baby. As I reached downstairs, I saw my sister Marge, who was a year older than me, picking up her bag from the couch and starting to go outside.

"Hey, Marge! Wait for me!" I shouted, grabbing my lunch off the table and dashing outside after her. Glancing back at me, she rolled her eyes and continued to walk towards the van that was waiting for us, hurriedly climbing inside.

Nervously, I followed her looking down, suddenly feeling shy since there were eight other kids in the van. Before I climbed in, I looked up and saw the cutest pair of eyes I had ever seen in my life.

I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach as if there were butterflies swarming in there, making my heart melt. It's as if there were fireworks flying everywhere. I just shrugged and thought that maybe it was just the nerves, seeing as I was going to a new school and all.

I suddenly realized that I was staring at some guy, who was also staring at me with an unreadable expression across his face. When i realized what I was doing, I blushed and quickly climbed inside the van, sitting on the first empty seat I find, only to realize that it was the seat beside the guy with the cute eyes. Before I got the chance to move to another seat, the van started moving, making me stay in place.

Trying my very best not to look at the guy beside me, I busied myself with getting my iPod out of my pocket and listening to some songs. After choosing Someone like you by Adele, I took my phone out, remembering I hadn't text my boyfriend Nick good morning yet, and began writing him a message.

Hi honey! <3 good morning, I hope you slept well last night. I'm currently on my way to school so maybe I'll call you later during my break. I love you, take care. xoxo

after rereading what I had composed, I hit send and hid my phone away.

While I was typing my message to Nick, Charley and Austin Solice got into the van. Charley was my sister's best friend, while Austin was my childhood friend. We all grew up together and got along well, our houses just two blocks apart. Charley sat beside my sister while Austin sat beside me. Austin and I were both freshmen, and new students at Lake Shore High.

Taking out my earphones and turning off my iPod, I tried talking to Austin to get rid of my nerves.

"So Austin, are you excited? Are you ready to meet some new friends and teachers?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I'm actually beginning to hate the new school." Austin replied, pulling a face which made me laugh.

Giggling, I said "Oh come on! How can you hate it? School hasn't even officially started yet!" I shoved him playfully. "I'm so excited; it took me ages to fall asleep last night! Look at the dark circles under my eyes, ugh."

"How can I not hate it? I have never woken up so goddamn early in the morning!" he said, putting my head between his two large hands, he turned my face left and right looking at the dark circles beneath my eyes. "Hmm, you should have put some concealer on if you didn't want anybody to see those panda eyes of yours."

"Concealer? What are you, a chick? How did you know about such thing?" I said mockingly, putting a shocked expression on my face.

"Well hello, I have an older sister, in case you've forgotten" he said rolling his eyes.

Hearing our conversation, Charley shouted at us. "Hey! Stop talking about me, we're here already, so you two better start fixing your things." Upon hearing that, we looked outside and saw the entrance to the school. It was a huge building with glass doors and windows at the front.

Since Lake Shore High was a private school, most kids rode on carpools to get there, but a few commute in going to school and had a special I.D. that allowed them to do so.

I quickly turned to look at Austin with a big grin on my face, only to see him grimacing as if he was wishing he could still be at home sleeping. I laughed at him, earning myself an annoyed look which I rolled my eyes to. I grabbed my backpack to put on my back and got ready to get out of the van.

The van finally stopped and the driver signaled that we could now get out. Giving Austin one last look, I hopped down and waited for him to get off as well. When we were both out, we stopped and looked at the building in front of us, and started walking towards it side by side.

When we got inside the building, I noticed that it was very large and spacious. At the side of it, was the registrar and the cashiers window, which was closed at the moment, and across was a mini bookstore where students could buy their school materials.

At the corner, near the glass door where we entered, was a bulletin board with a list of all the students with their respective classes and classrooms. Quickly looking for our name, we found out that Austin and I will be in the same class together under the section First Year-Becchi with 38 other students.

"Look! Here we are" I told Austin, who was still looking for his name

"Great, we're classmates." He cheered, giving me a high five. "Now I don't have to get all paranoid not know anyone." Austin told me.

"Oh come on Aus, Let's go to class" I laughed, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the direction of the classrooms, joining the other kids in walking that way.

As Austin and I headed towards the corridor which lead to the different classrooms, my palms were getting sweaty from excitement as I thought of the other names on the list of students which I would share a class with, wondering if I would get along with them. The thought of meeting my classmates pushed the thought of the guy, with the pair of cute eyes, away from my mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! So this is my first story ever :) I hope you like it, I'm sorry if there's some grammatical error you might find.

By the way, this is a true story :) the names of the characters are changed of course :)

Leave some comments. that would make me happy! :)

Like this chapter? Vote!

Feedback or suggestions? Comment!

Like the story? Fan!

<3

Thank you SOOO MUCH to @CoolUsername and @ForeverJoker :)