BORLEY

THE BEGINING.....

It is the year of our lord 1378.

The Benedictine monastry at Borley is but 10 years new.

I ,brother Peter have fallen,from my calling and into love,sister Margret,from our connected convent,is surely the true reason for my place here on the creation of our Lord.But for all that,our love is deemed a sin.We are to be tried this coming week.........

..........and in summing up,I as the representative of the church and therefore the almighty himself,have come to the only conclusion allowed to me.This is an unholy alliance,a sin if you will.IT WILL BE PUNISHED!!!! IN THIS LIFE AND THE NEXT!

Peter,for you can no longer be considered a brother,you will be taken from this place and hung by the neck 'til dead,this shall take place within the confines of this holy place,our monastry,as a teaching to other monks,this shall also serve as your penitance.Then you will be taken and placed in the gib that lies outside these walls as a lesson to lay folk.this is your punishment.It should serve you well as you stand at the gates for your reckoning.

this shall take place now,for ours is a veangeful God and his retribution is both divine and swift.

...TAKE HIM DOWN!!!

Sister Margret,as a novice,you may have succumb to temptation,but yours,by way of inexperience, is a lesser crime in the eyes of our Lord.This is why our maker has advised leniency.Your life will be spared. You shall be taken from this place and alive will be entombed within a niche in the very catcombs of this monastry. Here you will spend the remainder of your days in quiet contemplative study, yours is a silent order and therefore no expression of gratitude from you is required.

TAKE HER DOWN!!!

And so the fate of this most unholy of places was sealed.Borley is forever cursed.

we shall view whatever happens in the 18 hundreds anon.

For the legend of Borley persists....................