Live and Let Go

I may just be another hopeless romantic telling my love story, but it is the most compelling story that I know. Let's begin with my name. My name is Alexavier Davis, but my friends call me Alex. Life through school was a little rough for me. Everyone always seemed to have relationships with a special someone, even in elementary school. Those pointless relationships, just mimicking  everyone and everything we saw around us, in happy and loving relationships. I was always that one kid that sat by himself, away from the world. I always dreamt of the perfect girl, and the perfect world. But as for most of us, those countless wishes never came  true, well not entirely anyways.

    Like I said, school was never easy for me. I didn't quite fit in anywhere. I definitely didn't fit in with the jocks or the geeks, but the bandies where the closest I ever was to fitting in. But even they had their relationships. Regardless I had a couple of relationships in high school, but it just never felt right to me. I didn't get that feeling that everyone described when they where with their loved one. So, music was the only thing I ever had.

    Eventually, I ventured from music, to art, which was a fun time. Once I felt comfortable enough, I would go to a public place and draw. Most of the time, I would draw what I saw from where I was sitting, scenery wise.  Living in one of the most artistic places in the United States, New York City, it wasn't hard to find another artist. A couple of them  actually gave me some tips on how they do their work. But there was one person that instantly caught my eye and It took everything in me to look away.

    As my life continued on after high school, I spent most of my days drawing, out in public. I would go to one different place at least three times a week. For instance, if it was a park I would simply pick a different location in the park. I never really believed in love at first sight, but my mind changed very quickly when I met one person. I remember sitting there admiring the beautiful Fall weather that we were having. The leaves had changed colors and were beginning to fall off of the trees. The temperature was a little cold, but regardless, the scenery looked absolutely beautiful. It was a perfect day for drawing. I quickly sat down on a bench, took my backpack off of my shoulders, and got my drawing book out. I began to sketch out my surroundings. The trees, a water fountain, the clouds in my sky. I countinued for hours upon hours, admiring my surroundings by sketching them out. As I took my first break for the day, it was almost noon. The sun was at the highest point in the sky for the day. I continued to admire everything around me. But as I was glancing around the park, someone caught my eye. The absolute prettiest girl that my eyes have ever laid upon.

    She was sitting there, doing as some other people were doing, drawing. That means we had at least one thing in common. Maybe for once, I had a chance. I decided it was finally time to start drawing again. I was hardly getting any work done at all because I was getting so distracted by this girls presence. In a short amount of time, as I was giving quick and sly glares to her, she started doing the same to me. After an hour or so of doing this, she began to pack everything up. My immediate thought was that this might be the only shot I would have. Maybe I'd never see her again. Cautiously I began to stand up, but in doing so, she began walking towards me.

"Hello there, I know this may seem a little odd, but may I tell you something" She said confidently. I was shaking terrible.

"Sure!" I said in a shaky yet enthusiastic voice.

"I know that I really shouldn't say this but I've noticed that you were  staring at me. This might be a mistake on my part  in telling you this, but I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me. I could just tell by the look you were giving me. I could just see it." Her voice sounded almost angelic.

I said shyly, "Maybe...maybe you're right."

Her facial expression quickly changed, from a small  smile, to a very big smile when I said that. We sat on that bench for hours talking to eachother. Surprisingly enough, we had a lot of things in common. Remembering back to high school, and remembering what my dream girl was like, she fit that dream, perfectly.