2 | "We're going for a run soon"

Start from the beginning

      I started heading east and I froze when a strange scent caught my nose. It was musky and indefinitely male. I stopped and smelled more deeply, trying to pinpoint a direction. Once I got an idea of where it was coming from, I started heading in that direction.

      The scent got stronger the farther east I went. It led me to a stream where I heard some splashing. I hid in the underbrush and peeked around to see a deep brown wolf shaking water off its fur. This was where the smell was coming from.

      I decided to leave before he saw me. I turned and ran in the opposite direction for a couple of minutes and then stopped to rest. I heard a growl from behind me and froze. Slowly, I turned around and my eyes widened in shock.

      Paul.

      I managed to get up and run 10 metres before Paul’s teeth clamped around my back leg. I howled at the sharp pain and fell on the ground. As I felt myself growing weaker, I couldn’t help but shift into my human form as he pinned me to the ground.

      I tried to hide my naked body from him but his paws were pinning my hands to the ground. Paul shifted with a growl and I saw his eyes flash with anger.

      “Where the hell do you think you’re going?” he spat out.

      He slapped me across the face twice. Tears stung in my eyes and I felt blood in my mouth.

      “Did you really think you could escape?”

      He pinched one of my nipples hard causing me to cry out. He laughed at my pain and did the same to the other nipple.

      “I-I’m s-s-sorry,” I managed to get out in-between my sobs.

      He slapped me again. “I guess I’ll have to teach you another lesson.”

      He used his knee to nudge my thighs apart and I got ready for the pain that was about to come. There was nothing I could do to stop him. Nothing at all. I had finally accepted that I would always be stuck with him. He was use and abuse me as much as he wanted I would never be able to do anything to prevent that. It was my fate.

      As he pushed himself inside of me, I cried silently and wished for death.

~Blake’s POV~

      Dammit! I thought when I lost their scent. I had been following them for just over half-an-hour and then they had shot off into the forest. I had told the others to hurry up and get all of the prisoners out in case they got back and then carried on looking for them.

      I kept running further and further into the woods until I caught an unfamiliar scent. It was sweet and intoxicating. I sniffed again but the smell had faded. I kept running and sniffing more deeply but it was gone.

      I reached a stream and decided to quickly wash my fur in it. I stepped out and shook all the water out of my fur. Not a moment later did I hear a howl of pain pierce the air.

      I turned around and started running to where the sound came from. Then I caught that sweet smell again and realised that the sound and smell were coming from the same person. I ran faster and faster until I reached a small clearing.

      What I saw sent daggers of pain into my heart.

      The most beautiful girl in the world was being pinned to the ground while Paul thrust himself into her over and over again. She was crying but it didn’t seem to have any effect on him. Her small cries of pain pierced my soul like no other sound on this earth.

      My eyes found Paul and I saw red. Rage boiled from within me like nothing before. Pure hatred was rolling off my fur and before I knew it, I was barrelling my way towards the bastard that was raping the gorgeous brunette.

      Paul and I crashed onto the ground I few metres away from here. I snapped at him and then buried my teeth into his shoulder before he had a chance to shift into wolf form. He cried out in pain. I dug my claws into his side, never letting go of his neck. He thrashed against me when he realised what I was doing. I got frustrated and threw my head back before plunging my teeth back into his neck. He howled again and managed to gain some strength. His leg kicked me hard in the stomach and he rolled me onto the ground. Then his teeth were on my neck, trying to rip my flesh apart.

      I kicked around frantically but he was too strong for me. Fuck! He picked me up and threw me against a nearby tree. He went over to where the brunette was lying and nudged her with his nose to wake her up. She didn’t move. I growled at him and made my over to him. He snapped at me once before turning around and hightailing it away from me.

      When I was sure he was gone, I shifted into my human form and ran to the girl with the intoxicating scent. She was unconscious and there was a small pool of blood under her head where she must’ve hit it. My heat felt like it was being stabbed a hundred times as I stared at her.  It hurt to look at her while she was hurt. Why? I asked myself. I decided worry about that later and I crouched down beside her.

      She was so beautiful. She was gloriously naked, her skin fair and pale. She had a small waist with full hips and generous breasts. Her thick hair was splayed around her head and a few leaves had managed to weave their way into the dark strands.

      I inched forward carefully, scared of hurting her even more. I reached out my hands and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. I took in the wounds. There was a cut on her lips and her cheeks were red. Her stomach and breasts were bruised and her thighs were stained red.

      A drop of water fell on her face and it took me a moment to realise that I was crying. I touched my wet face and confusion clouded my head. Why was I crying over this girl? I didn’t even know her.

      I looked back at her and slowly lifted her into my arms, afraid of hurting her further. Bundling her up like I child, I held her as if she was made of the most fragile of glass and carried her home.

      As I was carrying her, I instinctively bent my head and placed a gentle kiss on her head. Sparks spread through my body when my lips came into contact with her skin. My eyes widened in shock. It was then that I realised why I felt like the way I did.

      She was my mate.