Matt (Mail Jeevas)

Today wasn’t a good day to be walking home in the cold, without a coat. Your friend had forgotten to pick you up after work, leaving you to walk home alone. The bus schedule, read that the busses stopped picking up people around here at 6:00pm. Why were you left to close up the candy shop today of all days? It was your birthday! As if the day couldn’t get any worse it did, because it began to snow. Ugh, today didn’t seem to be your day did it? Suddenly out of nowhere a red car pulls up beside you. You peer over to find that the driver rolled down his window.

“Need a ride?”

“I don’t get into cars with creepers,” You give him the cold shoulder as you kept right on walking. The car continues to creep up beside you as if walking with you, but a warm heated car was the difference.

“Creeper huh? Well the only thing creepy thing I see: is that you’re walking alone without a coat, those guys by the corner over there don’t look too friendly, and of course on your birthday?” Surprised that some stranger knew your birthday creeped you out.

you:“How do you know my birthday!?” He got your full attention now.

matt:“Well for one, I’m no stranger, I’m the ‘usual’ costumer that buys chocolate bars for a friend(cough mello), and I work with you. I’m Matt.” he waved his psp imagining that you’d remember something so stupid and idiotic...Wait a second!

You: “You’re the slacker that sits in the break room and plays that stupid psp!”

Matt: “Ouch, stupid? That hurts. Now that you remember me as a slacker now would you like a ride?The weather report said that the snow storm was only going to get worse.” To see him begging like this, was absolutely pathetic, but you still couldn’t trust him.

Matt: “Alright how about we make a deal. How about I give you my psp, and if I try anything funny you can toss it out the window, deal?” Finally giving in, you take the psp, and entered inside the vehicle. It was cold, what else were you to do? Matt beamed a smile as he saw you get in. He then takes out a cigarette and lights it. Smoking is inexcusable and unattractive, but somehow seeing Matt do this was a completely different story. You blush, as you sneak looks at him every now and again. There was an uncanny silence, until Matt began to speak.

Matt: “I was thinking-” He was cut off in mid-sentence, as he watched you pull your hand out the window threatening to drop his psp.

Matt: “I didn’t even say anything!”

You: “You were gonna try something funny,” you playfully reply as you stick out your tongue. Then withdrawing your hand back inside the vehicle, which makes Matt relieved enough to speak his mind.

Matt: “I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime.” To your surprise Matt had incredible charisma, he spoke to you is if it were a casual conversation, where as for you it would have been akward.

You: “I...uhhhh...” Matt stops the car for a red light, he then removed the cigarette from his mouth with one hand. To lean over and kiss you as if it were natural. but you moved so he only got your cheek

You: “I didn’t even give you an answer,” you glare. Matt gave you the a childish grin, you’d bet that he felt like a million dollars getting to kiss you and ultimately getting away with it. Like a child who successfully stole a cookie from the cookie jar and ate it. Getting to taste victory...but with a kiss! He shrugged.

Matt: “I know, but I was just as confident that you felt the same way about me.” Remembering now, you realize he was there the whole time the two of you pulling pranks on the other co-workers for a laugh, looking out for you when a customer got angry with you, playing video games in the break room for a lunch break, socializing with the customers, he even lent you a shoulder to cry on when you had a bad day. And always said the perfect thing to make you feel better. He was there the whole time, recalling all these memories with him it turns out that you love him too.

“How about a movie, or maybe the bowling alley, or even better lets grab a bite to eat,” Matt said with persistence. Once again you grab a look at him, as you could imagine his cigarette is back in his mouth. His rusty red hair, and the goggles complimented him.

You: “Matt...”

Matt: “Yes?” Matts smile still intrigued you, his smile knew your answer long before you did, boy he was something.

“Yeah lets grab a bite to eat.” You turn on his psp, to learn that he has the top score in his game, he beat everyone. Which is impressive, his name was ‘Gameboy Ginger’ on his psp. You laugh loudly to his name. He turns to you and smirks.

Matt: “It’s better than the nickname everyone gives me on the game, they all call me ‘JACKASS’ because nobody’s a good sport at losing.” The two of you eat at your favorite restaurant. Dating for 6more months, before proposing to you. The two of you get married and live happily above an arcade.