Chapter 09 | If That's Your Story

"You can't move forward because you've got your eyes in the rear view mirror." ―  Love Happens

Sometimes, I just really, really wish that I lived somewhere in the south, like Texas, rather than here in Massachusetts. Don’t get me wrong, I do really love Andover and I do really love Massachusetts, because it’s my home, but still. I don’t think that it really snows all that much down there in Texas, which is why I wouldn’t mind living down there, because snow actually disgusts me. Then again, it might snow down there quite a bit, what with all of this outrageously ridiculous global warming stuff we’ve got going on at the moment and whatnot. Currently, it’s snowing here and it’s not just a little snow flurry with the cute and fluffy kind of snow that everyone loves. No, it’s more like a downgraded blizzard. Literally, the temperature is well below freezing, the snow is coming down hard and heavy and the wind is blowing really hard out there too, which obviously doesn’t make anything better at all.

Yet here I am, sitting in my first block class—psychology—waiting for the bell to ring so that class can start. Personally, I think that school should’ve just been out today because the weather is crazy dangerous to drive in right now. My school district apparently just doesn’t care about the well-being of their students though because they made the announcement this morning that all of the schools in the district would be operate as usual today. Granted, a lot of people probably won’t be here because a lot of people drive to school and there’s been a whole bunch of reports of accidents this morning. I tried to stay at home but my mother wasn’t having it and when I told her that I’d definitely have a panic attack trying to drive in the snow, instead of saying that I could just skip today, she brought me here to school in her car.

Also, in case you’re wondering whether or not Aspen is expecting or not, it hasn’t been confirmed that she is, nor has it been denied. As you might’ve guessed, she did indeed take a pregnancy test yesterday in the bathroom. That’s why she left during lunch, she said that she had this kind of weird stirring feeling in her stomach and given her history, I guess she just wanted to be sure. So, she went to a local drugstore and picked up a pregnancy test then came back to school and took it. The test did indicate that she was pregnant though and that obviously made her freak out. I mean, she was literally pacing back and forth in the bathroom for a good twenty minutes, blubbering about how her parents were going to disown her, murder her with a machete then set her corpse on fire. Those were her exact words and I’m not even kidding.

It took a while but I eventually got my poor, weeping best friend to calm down. I figured she wasn’t really up for staying at school, so the two of us left and I was going to take her back to her house but she said that she didn’t want to have to face her parents because she knew that she’d let it slip that she might be carrying their grandchild. Since she didn’t want to go back to her own house, I was just going to drop her off at my house and then come back to school but once we got to my house, we saw my mom’s car parked in the driveway, which obviously meant that she was inside. She definitely would’ve scowled the two of us for skipping, my mom would, so we left and she wanted to go to the health clinic, so that’s where we went.

She wanted to get an actual pregnancy test, like a real doctor one and I believe she also got an STD test. I don’t think that she thinks that she actually has an STD but I guess she wanted to know that she was okay, in case she actually is pregnant. Anywho, the results from the pregnancy test from the health clinic and her STD test haven’t come back yet—she’s supposed to get them sometime today and then she’ll know for sure. Personally, I think she’s pregnant but those drug store pregnancy tests sometimes read fake positives so maybe that’s it. At least, that’s what I hope it is because even though Aspen is amazing and all, I don’t think she’s ready for a baby.