Chapter 8: The Pieces Fit

Ok, this WAS chapter 7, but know its 8, there are a few changes. But its basicly the same.

Penny Potter POV

It became a normal thing. Every other day, Draco and I would meet at the rock, and talk, and kiss, and talk, and kiss.

It was beginning to snow.

“One day you’re going to have to take me on a proper date, you know.” I told him one day.

“I know,” he smiled.

Suddenly he stiffened. “I have to go,” he said abruptly. He kissed my cheek, and left. I looked over my shoulder as he walked away. He was griping his left forearm as he walked away. That was the third time a month that that had happened. I got up and followed him. He went to a random wall in the back of the castle. He shut his eyes, and a door appeared the room of requirement.

I snuck in behind him just before the door disappeared. This room was full of junk. Piles of chairs, books, hats, and lost wands. Draco went to the back of the room, to a large black cabinet. He waved his wand at a porcelain bird; it sprung to life and fluttered onto His fingers. I did smile, he did that spell for me earlier today. The light blue bird tweeted up at Draco. His grim expression didn’t make sense. He held his fingers out into the cabinet and the bird fluttered in. He shut the door, and muttered a complicated spell.

When he opened the door, the bird was gone. I saw him smile, he shut the door again. Said the spell again, and opened the door, and the bird flew out again, only know the light blue bird was a black.

When the bird was in mid-flight, Draco raised his wand and said “Avada Kadabra,” and the bird lost a few feathers and fell to the ground. Draco was frozen, wand raised.

Then I he broke down and cried. He leaned on the cabinet and slid to the floor. I wanted to go and comfort him. But I had a gut feeling I should stay here.

I sat and watched the boy I loved cry like a baby. I rested my head on the back of a book shelf. After a moment, Draco took a few deep breaths, and wiped the tears from his face.

I felt the book shelf I was leaning against sway behind me. Draco got up, he walked towards the door, his foot hit a chair, and the book shelf fell on me, trapping me with 6 inches to between me and the shelf. I winced as it rested on my rib cage. Draco took another step, he kicked book. It skidded and knocked the book shelf of its careful balance.

I couldn’t hold back the scream and book shelf’s full wait rested on my rib cage. I tried to push it of.

“P-Penny?” Draco asked, I answered with a string of cuss words.

“Get this thing off me!” I gasped. Draco pushed it up, just enough for me to breath, a felt him pull me out. I griped his black jacket, gasping for air. Draco wrapped his arms around me, and held me close.

“Penny…Are you ok?” he asked me after a second.

“Yes…Thank you…So much,” I gasped.

“Penny…What did you see?” he whispered in my ear. I said nothing, clinging to him closer. “Penny?” he asked again.

I shut my eyes, griping him closer still.

Draco pushed me back, his silver eyes where hard, conflicted. “Penny. What. Did. You. See.” He demanded.

“I-I-I-“ I stuttered, looking up at him. I knew what was happening. I didn'y want to face it. But, the pieces fit...

“Answer me!” he grabbed my shoulders and gave me a good shake.

“Draco…what have you gotten yourself into?” I whispered. 

********

Draco Malfoy POV

As I looked into her frightened eyes, I broke.

“Penny…I-I can’t tell you.” I told her, my voice think. “I know what you will think of-“

“D! Tell me the truth for once!” she yelled at me, I flinched back. Her necklace was a mix of dark purple and dark green. Fear and betrayal.

“Penny, I can’t, He-He’ll kill me.” I whimpered. I felt so weak.

“Not before Harry does!” she snapped, swatting my arms of her.

“Penny-“ I started. She slapped me. It want the first time, but it was the first time I could feel the hatred through her hand. I looked at her, her eyes where over flowing with tears.

“Don’t. Just don’t,” she whispered, and walked away. I stood there like an idiot, watching her walk away. I had a feeling that she wasn’t coming back.