Chapter 03

Thanks for the great support! Love you, guys!

My Wattpad Love

"Julie Anne Jones!" I jumped awake, blinking quickly trying to clear my blurred sight. My mother's angry voice had the power of waking me up in one second. The morning sunlight was coming through the window. Shoot! I was probably late for school. I heard my mother's coming footsteps and clumsily tried to get out of my bed, key word here: Tried. My legs entangled with my sheets so I ended falling forwards to the floor. It was a good thing, I had reflexes otherwise my face would have crashed into cold surface if I hadn't got my hands on it first. I tried to stand but the damn sheet wouldn't let go of my leg. My door was swung opened, and there she stood: Carla Jones, my sweet mother, well 'Sweet' wasn't an adjective that suited her in that moment. 

"Hi," I greeted nervously. She folded her arms across her chest, giving me a disapproving look.

"Can you explain to me, why my daughter is still on bed on a Monday’s morning?" 

"Technically, I'm not on my bed," I defended pointing the floor beneath me.

"Very funny," she faked a laugh "Be ready in five minutes, Julie. I won't allow you to be late for school,"

"Five minutes?" I whined. 

"Time is running,"

"But-"

"And you have no time for breakfast. You'll eat a nutritional biscuit on the way,"

"Mom!"

"Four minutes," I groaned and quickly moved to my closet. My mother was a nice person but she was very strict and disciplined. I attributed it to her career. Medical School was tough. She graduated from it when I was nine, I knew it'd been hard for her to take care of me and attend to Medical school at the same time. But she had no choice. We were on our own. My father was a huge blur for me. I barely remembered seeing him when I was a child. He left us, Mom never explained to me why. It was a delicate theme for her. Even though, she had a temper I'd learn to love her just the way she was. She always went by the rules and God saves me if I did something wrong or didn't follow her commands.

The ride to school was silent, which was rare; my mother usually attacked me with her doctor's babbling about my unhealthy sleep time. I was more of a night person, if you haven't noticed. I watched through the window as the trees rushed by. It was then I remembered him. 

Evan...

I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing right now. Was he sleeping? Why was I thinking about him this early in the morning anyway? He was just some annoying rude boy I met on the internet. But he intrigued me, I couldn't deny it.

My IPhone buzzed in my jacket's pocket and I jumped in surprise. My mother glanced at me coldly and quickly, her eyes were back on the road. I sighed, she was obviously mad at me. Checking my phone, I couldn't stop the smile that crept to my lips. It was a mail from wattpad. 

I can't remove your disgusting strawberry’s scent from my wall. Bah!

Evan's message made me chuckle. Even though, he was discretely insulting me. Again. I couldn't help finding funny his entire Mrs. Strawberry thing. For some reason, I didn't feel insulted by it anymore. I quickly typed a reply: 

You couldn't stop yourself for messaging me, could you?

By the time he replied, I was already out of my mother's car and heading to the school's entrance. Dozens of teenagers were gathering around while others were entering the school. 

Him: Don't flatter yourself, girly. I'm just bored.

Me:  Yeah, right. You were bored so you decided to talk to the writer you hate, that doesn't make any sense.

Him: It does to me ;)

Me: You're so weird.

Him: So I've been told.

Me: You still owe an apology, you know that, right?

Him: An apology? Psst, what would I apology for?

Me: Well, for many things but your rude message about my story is what comes to mind right now.

Him: I won't apologize for being honest. Your story is cheesy, admit it and move on.

Me: Honesty? You call that honesty? 

Him: Yeah.

Me: I don't even know why I waste my time on you.

Him: Neither do I.

I narrowed my eyes at my IPhone’s screen. He was such a jerk! I was about to reply when I crashed into someone's hard chest. Strong hands caught me saving me from a painful fall on my ass. Manly cologne's hit my nostrils and I looked up. My jaw almost dropped to the floor in shock and I could feel the blood filling my cheeks. I was in the arms of Shane Mason, the school's popular golden boy. His hazel eyes were looking right into my blue ones paralyzing me. His blond brownish hair was messy in a sexy way. His perfect features were envied by most of the guys in this school and worshipped by the entire female population. 

I didn't know what to say, well, true was I couldn't say anything. I was shocked by the fact that this beautiful boy was holding me. Shane smirked at me arrogantly, probably thinking I was dazzled, which I was but I quickly tried to put on a careless facade. I cleared my throat.

"You should watch where you're going," he said curtly, letting go of me. I stumbled backwards and lifted my chin, trying to maintain my dignity "You should also comb your hair, have you ever heard of hairbrush?" my mouth was opened in shock. How dare he! I was a shy person but if you mess with my hair, you mess with my life. Let's just say, it's a sensitive subject for me since the day my first school's boyfriend dumped me because my hair was ugly. I was ten when that happened but it still marked me.

"Have you ever heard of manners?" I retorted folding my arms across my chest. 

"Oh, it speaks!" he exclaimed in mock surprise. I glared at him and stepped aside to walk past him. Successfully, I managed to take five steps away when he spoke again from behind, "I think this belongs to you," I glanced at him, ok more like glared at him over my shoulder. My eyes widened when I spot the black phone in his hand: My IPhone. I rushed towards him and went to snatch it from his hand but he raised it, keeping the phone out of my reach.