8: Pull and Push

I haven't addressed my feelings with Arnold and here I am trying to date another guy again. Of all people, here I am going out with Arnold's archenemy and also one of my childhood crushes.
Despite all that, I didn't want to sound eager or even excited for this date. To be honest, I'm still wrapping my mind around all these. How did he end up becoming my brother's best friend. How he eventually chose to show up outside our house. How I agreed to go on a date with him out of the blue.

I was giving Timmy short answers and awkward pauses because I was trying to decipher if he was pulling a prank. I was bracing myself for a chaotic night.

I was expecting that we would bicker the whole drive but surprisingly, none of that happened. Logically, he wouldn't be rude since he set up this date. I guess, I was just cautious because my past experiences with him weren't so pleasant.

His first attempt of a date was a deceiving invitation of a networking scheme in hopes that I could be an investor. I was lovestruck then, but I wasn't that stupid to fall for that scam. I stopped talking to him since then.

Who knew that he will become a successful businessman, right? And since he's already a successful entrepreneur, he could date anyone he likes. Why would he go back and choose me? He has Hero to thank this time. If not for my brother, I wouldn't agree to go out with him. My protective brother must have his own reasons for letting Timmy to be a part of my life again.

***

As Timmy drops me off from our date, he opened the doors for me and walked me to my house. 

"I had a great time."

"Me too."

"Before I forget, I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Can I get your number?"

Should I give him my number?

"Isn't this just a favor my brother or Enyah asked you to do?"

"No. It's actually, the other way around."

"What do you mean?"

"I asked Hero for this."

"Why?"

"Because I should have done this sooner."

"You had chances, Timmy. But each time I tried to trust you, you always end up making fun of me, using me or flaking on me."

"Is it impossible for me to change over the years?"

"It's possible."

"Has Brenth hurt you this much?"

"What does Brenth have to do with this?"

"You have put your walls up."

"You don't know what you are talking about."

"I'm sorry."

"What are you doing here, Timmy? Aren't you supposed to be engaged with Corinne dela Vega?"