6: Arnold vs. Timmy

Being civil with Arnold and trying to be friends with him again were not that difficult. In fact, I never thought that we would actually care for each other this way. When he offered the house, I was really only looking forward to living in Two-Storey. I didn't expect that I will be friends with him again.

It also helps that he doesn't bring up courtship every time we talk. No awkward conversations came after that confrontation about his sudden break-up too. We're just enjoying each other's company as friends and housemates.

But then, Hero decided to shake things up.

Hero called me one afternoon and told me that he is setting me up with a date. Of course, my initial reaction was to turn him down and get pissed off because I do not feel the need to date. However, no matter what I say, Hero doesn't back down. In fact, he told me that my date would meet me soon.

***

At around 7:30 PM, a black sedan was parked in front of our house.

Arnold and I were just about to have our dinner when Hero called me up.

"Are you gonna make your date wait for you until tomorrow?"

"What date?" I said in a hushed tone as I don't want Arnold to hear about it.

"You're only in your twenties but you easily forget things already."
"Did you invite him at my house without asking me first?"
"Technically... He is supposed to pick you up for your date."

"WHAT THE F...!!" Arnold shouted as soon as he saw the driver of the sedan.

I hurriedly went outside to check what made Arnold furious. I was too dumbfounded to speak.

"Hello, sis?"

I have forgotten that Hero was still on the other line.

"Why did you invite Arnold's archenemy to his house?"
"Oh shit. I forgot about that." Hero muttered under his breath.

I had to stand beside Arnold and brace myself in pulling him inside the house. I do not know what almost 2 decades of rivalry can make them do in the present. But, I just had to keep them from causing a ruckus outside.

"Why aren't you dressed?" My date asked.

I looked around but then, we're the only ones outside the house. So, I tried to ignore him but obviously, I can't just ignore him no matter how much I just want to stay inside the house and bolt the doors.

"She's not going anywhere with you." Arnold answered for me.
"I'm not talking to you." He retorted.

I couldn't let these two fight and make a scene. Not when the house is known to be a property of Mr. Tanael.

I pulled Arnold to the side and told him that we must invite our guest over.  We don't want our neighbors to have something to gossip on and it would be best if we'd get this straightened out right away.

Initially, I wanted our guest to just go home. I wanted to wake up from this dream. But I just can't let him go home without knowing why he came here. Sure, Hero was the one behind this. He'd definitely say that he is Hero's best bud or secret business partner or whatever. It's just rude to ask him to go home. If Hero invited him over, that's on Hero.

"Why don't you just go home, Timmy." Arnold annoyingly said to Timmy.
"Just because Hana lives with you, doesn't mean that you'd get to tell Hana what to do."
"I don't think that that is any of your business."
"Enough!"
I walked between them and tried to separate them.

***

I've never seen Arnold so pissed. Not even when it's about a bad day at work. Not even when we had our own petty fights.

I guess, his rivalry with Timmy really stirred something in him.  If they broke into a fight, I wouldn't know what to do. I'm not as strong as any of them. We've already caused quite a scandal as both of them made a scene outside the house. 

I pulled Arnold to the side and told him to remain calm. "I'll go out with him because he's already here. We can have our dinner next time. Don't make a scene anymore because if you start fighting again, our neighbors might already call the police. We don't want Mr. Tanael to be involved in this, right?"

In Arnold's protest, he apologized to Timmy and surprisingly invited him to join us for dinner instead. However, Timmy politely refused to join us for dinner because he said that he has already reserved a table for our date. 

Arnold was uneasy about hearing the word date. However, Timmy assured him that he will drive me home and take care of me. 

I was quite surprised that Arnold didn't make a fuss about it anymore. I know that Timmy won't let it go easily as well and I'm just glad that both of them were matured enough to set their rivalry aside.