Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Miranda Bonham

I waited for Nixon to reply, but he wasn’t saying anything- just staring at me intently.

“Answer me. Are you the one after my father?” I asked again.

“Trust me when I say this, you don’t want me to answer that,” Nixon replied.

“We’re going back to the mansion. It was a mistake to let you go,” Nixon said, grabbing my arm. I was still thinking about his words, so it was easier to drag me along.

Just as we reached the door, I stopped walking.

“I’m not leaving,” I said, standing my ground. Nixon looked at me, raising an eyebrow while tugging on my hand.

“I’m not leaving you here, alone,” he stated.

“If it’s any consolation to you- even though we are strangers and you shouldn’t be worried- my brother is keeping an eye on me,” I told him.

My comment seemed to have bothered him more, because he was frowning- looking annoyed.

“I don’t need him watching over you. I can take care of you myself.”

I rolled my eyes at his random words.

“He’s my brother. I think if anyone has the right to say what you just did, it’s him,” I said, removing my hand from his grip and walking back to the living room.

“Look, you know where I live. If for some reason you need to see me, I’m here,” I said, motioning around the room, with my hands.

He looked thoughtful for a moment. I wondered if he was trying to settle in with my words.

“I’m staying here with you.” At first, I thought he was joking. When I saw his serious expression, I shook my head.

“No way, my family checks on me. If they see you here, they’ll murder you, and probably me too,” I said.

“If your family tries to put a hand on you, I’ll kill them,” he threatened seriously- putting his hands on my waist.

I looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Umm…. I was joking,” I said, trying to wriggle out of his arms.

He had his grip tightly on me, his fingers for sure leaving marks on my waist.

Nixon wasn’t loosening his hold. Instead, he nestled his head in my neck, and I heard as he in took a few breaths.

Some moments passed, until he finally looked up at me.

“Forgive me,” he apologized.

I looked at him curiously, a teasing smile on my face.

“Forgiven. Now can you please go,” I practically begged.

“I can’t let you out of my sight. Can’t you see that?” He caressed the side of my cheek. I could feel his breath in my face, tickling me softly. Since he was taller than me, he had to lean a bit in order to reach me.

“My brother is going to be coming to check on me. If he finds you here, he’ll throw a fit,” I said, now wishing my brother wouldn’t check on me all the time.

Should I be stopping Nixon? I didn’t know, and having his so near me was blurring my thoughts. My Wolf was almost purring, wanting Nixon as close as we could have him.