Chapter 5: Betrayed

Penny Potter POV

I slept through supper, and was up all night. I thought about how I felt before I shoved him off me. Happy was the best word. I was genuinely happy. I thought of how when he gave the occasional real smile I felt all warm inside. I remembered how on platform 9 ¾, I saw him blush a light pink, how I actually loved to fight with him.

For a brief moment I let myself love him. I saw us together, our future. I saw us studying, just sitting…kissing. I could see me walking down a aisle, wearing a long, flowing white dress. Draco was standing ahead of me, smiling. His gray eyes where sparkling with happiness. I saw me and him sending our little, pale, black haired, silver eyed children of on Platform 9 ¾. I saw a life full of love.

But then I squished my feelings to the bottom of my heart. I cried until I had to get up them next mourning.

Hermione caught me before breakfast.

“Malfoy gave me this to give to you,” she gave me my notebook. I must have dropped it when I ran away from him. “He was acting weird. He apologized to me for calling me a mudblood.”

“Weird,” I was preoccupied going through my notebook, trying to find out what I did to it. I didn’t see anything. I knew there was a corner pealing up in the back, I looked at it. I had draw a heart and my and Draco’s initials in it. I hand looked at it for ages. But the corner was pealed back more than before. ‘So Potter, we got a dilemma now, don’t we…’ was written under it. Great, now he thought I like him. Well, I did, but I didn’t want him to know that!

I looked over my shoulder at him sitting at the Slytherin table, when he saw me; he smiled, and winked at me.

I tried to make myself not blush, no such lock. I grabbed my notebook and mumbled “Excuse me.” I ran from the Hall, holding back tears. It was harder to hold back my feelings than I thought it would be. I ran to a partially deserted part of the castle. I sat on the floor and hung my head in my hands.

I herd foot steps. I looked up. Draco was leaning against the arch a few feet away.

“Go ruin someone else day!” I yelled at him.

But he took a step towards me. I stood up and wiped a tear away from my cheek. I ran out of the castle and sat on the wet ground.

I felt like someone had just reached inside me and ripped a part of me out. I was close to feeling actual pain, form what was going on. When a hand was suddenly on my shoulder, I jumped up, in my…slightly crazed sense of mind, I let my self slip. I shifted into a white tiger in the air; I had one giant paw on Malfoy’s chest, my legs on either side of his. My other paw was poised to strike his face with my razor sharp claws. My secret Animagus side was gone. By lunch tomorrow everyone was going to know.

“I wanted to apologize,” Draco said quickly, I could feel him shake slightly under me.

I shifted back. “For what?” I asked. “Kissing me, or ruining my life?”

“Um-Everything,” he stuttered. I realized I was still over him. I got up, and started to walk back to the castle. I herd Malfoy calling me back, I ignored him. But then I felt someone pull the back of my robes and throw me against the bark of a tree.

Just like last time, he held my wrists to my side. His face was so close to mine. I glared up at him. Trying not to notice how gorgeous his gray eyes looked, smoldering down at me. (I really, really HATE being short!)

“I just want to know, did you kiss me back?” he asked me, just above a whisper.

“Why do you care?” I growled at him, this actually took some effort, his silvery eyes bored into mine; they made my knees go weak.