Southern Belle

Before I start this story, I would like to let you know that Southern Belle is a finalist in the Watty Awards Humor: On the Rise. I would appreciate it if you voted for me! Go vote at: http://www.wattpad.com/watty

Prologue/Short Statement From Belle Wilkes

Before I left, my mother took me aside and said this to me:

"You can take the girl out of the south, but not the south out of the girl."

Did she really expect me to come back to this hell hole of a town? I would rather get eaten alive than mimic the actions of my older sister and my mother. My family held onto values that were extremely outdated—get married young, multiply, and stay as close to home as possible. 

I wanted to make something out of myself.

I wanted to be different.

I wanted to be happy.

And I couldn't be all that here.

But none of my family understood that.

**

Readers, just so you are aware, I think that the south is a beautiful place, and many successful, smart, and heroic Americans have come from there. In my story, I took the some stereotypes of southerners (the Wilkes family/Belle's town is supposed to portray the stereotype), wealthy teens, and more and placed it all in one book. Also, each one of the characters has a specific fact about them that makes them not completely cliche'. Anyways, if you don't like reading about some stereotypes of people, etc. (which is understandable), this book isn't for you. 

**Once again, these stereotypes are 100% false** 

~Springgirl101