Chapter 19~

Not Edited. Feel free to point out mistakes nicely. 

***********************************

 Chapter 19

 Not a heartbeat later Marcus was standing above me. His green eyes staring deep into my soul. "We will be your slave until you deem us fit to be your mate. When you feel safe around us I will give control back to Caden. Up until that time comes, you may speak to me. I will tell you the absolute true." Marcus's voice slitters deep in my mind. Caressing in a lovers touch.

Not knowing what to do I continue to stare.

Without a peep from me he steps to my side, cuddling my body. Letting me continue on with my past.

"I figured I wouldn't wake up. Honestly I didn't want to." Gazing above his head, I suck in a deep breath. "I woke up two weeks later. Apparently Nik decided to check up on me. See if I were alive. He is extremely protective of me. When he came upon your open door, he knew I had reacted rashly. Instantly he called upon the best trackers the kingdom had. They were able to pin point me within a few minutes. My hair could be seen from the shore. If my body were an inch or two further down in the water, they would've missed me."

What did he mean by slave? If I tell him to stop sleeping around, will he listen to me? Impossible! If I demand a thing like that of him he will hate me. No...no. I won't. I can't.

Blinking I clear my throat. "My family along with Nik and Theo nursed me back to health." Chuckling softly, I remember the grief Nik gave me for my attempted suicide. "If it's quiet enough, I can still hear their yelling and bantering. Lectures on how you weren't good enough for me. How I had to move on. Or my favorite, planning on getting revenge."

Snuggling deeper into his fur I let out a lengthy yawn. As we haven't mated, my body ached in pleasure. Being near him appeased and tormented me.

"Would you like to continue tomorrow? There is no need to rush, I'm not going anywhere," Marcus whispers softly.

He is being beyond gentle and carrying. I'm not sure what to make of it. All these years I feared I would be yelled at. Locked to the bed frame and forced to mate.

It's the complete opposite. Could Nik have been right all those times he tried to inform me of Marcus's love for me?

"No I need this. I need to tell you what I went through. Caden and you need to know how deeply you broke me." Lifting my hand up I softly run my fingers through his fur. "This doesn't mean I forgive you."

"We understand. You need comfort. We are here to offer you that in any way possible. If cuddling up against us does it for you, we are alright with that. I promise you we will not push for more."

It completely surprises me how gentle Marcus can be.

"One week after I went back to work, Nik confronted me. He knew how depressed I had been since your birthday. Instead of yelling, he dragged me out of the castle. To my complete and utter happiness he gifted me with a picnic. I had never had one before." Closing my eyes I picture myself laying on the checkered quilt across from Nik.

"For the first time in weeks I laughed. Not a fake, I have to laugh for his benefit, no a real full blown I'm actually happy for once laugh." Once I convince Caden, Nik is no harm to our relationship, I will demand a picnic. "It became our weekly ritual. Fast food and our checkered quilt. He made seeing you laughing with other women bearable."

"I can't explain how deeply sorry we are for destroying the concept of mates. I know no words will ease the ache we've caused you. We are not worthy of being your mate, my sweet Claudia. Though I know we've silently tormented you these many years I beg you to give us a second chance. Our heart and soul beats for you," he pleads. Gently running his wet nose up and down my throat I feel my words bubble up in my throat.