Chapter 4: Did I Break a Mirror?

Penny Potter POV

Several menthes had passed. Draco still stared at me now and then, and gave the occasional insults, and I gave them right back. One day, Gregory Smith, a Ravenclaw asked me to be his date to Hogsmeade. I said yes, of course. Gregory Smith was Caption of the Raven claw Quidditech team, and had gorgeous blonde hair.

I was going to Care Of Magical creatures, so I had time to spare, I followed him to Divination. He leaned down to kiss me on the cheek, but stopped right before my cheek and kissed me full on the lips. I was taken by surprised. I pushed him back and slapped him. I canceled our date, and stalked to Hagrids hut.

Malfoy was the only other person there so far, so I dropped my bag on the ground, and wiped my mouth of with my sleeve. Ew. I didn’t want my first kiss to be like that, not in any way. I thought about how I could get revenge while I waited for the rest of the class to get here.

Hagrid told us we would be looking for signs of unicorns in the dark forest, he paired us up in twos, and of course I ended up with Malfoy.

I trudged through the woods, looking for the double crescent hove prints.

“Malfoy, you see any-“ I was cut of. I had been spun around, my back was against a tree, Malfoy was holding my arms at my sides, and he was so close his legs held mine to the tree.

“Bloody hell Malfoy! What are you doing?” I pushed against him, but he did budge.

“I need your help with something, and I need to ask you something,” he told me, his voice soft, like the day at platform 9 ¾.

“Well, is this needed?” I looked at how close our bodies where. His beautiful silver eyes where making it hard to hate him now.

“Would you listen if I asked you to do something for me?” he asked me, I could feel his breath on my face he was so close.

“Why the hell should I?” I growled at him.

“Then yes, this is all needed.” He told me, a small smile spread across his face.

“If I answer your bloody question, will you let me go?” I asked, trying not to look in his eyes.

“Yes,” he told me.

“Then shoot,” I told him.

He slowly leaned closer.

“D-Draco,” I whispered.

He kissed me. My brothers nemesis, kissed me, and I kissed him back. I felt his hands travel up my arms and hold the back of my neck. I don’t know how long I kissed him back. But then it’s like what I was doing clicked suddenly with the rest of my brain. I shoved him of me.

“What the hell are you doing!” I asked him. Wiping my mouth with my sleeve. What is it about me getting kissed today? Did I break a mirror?

“I-“he stared; I just slapped him, and walked away. I told Hagrid I was feeling ill and walked back to the castle. I sat in my bed.

The worst part wasn’t that I kissed Draco Malfoy, my worst enemy. It was that I liked kissing Draco Malfoy, my worst enemy. I curled up in a ball, and cried until supper.

********

Draco Malfoy POV

I stood there in the forest, alone. I kissed the girl I loved…and I got slapped. But what did I expect? For her to just kiss me back and forget that she hated me? That would have been nice, but not likely.

I waited until I herd everyone leave for supper. Then I got up planned to head to the common room. I noticed Penny’s notebook on the ground. I took it and looked through it. It was mostly neat notes of all her classes. On the back cover I saw where the leather was coming of the binding a little, I thought I saw writing, I pealed it back a little. There was a little heart with ‘P+D’ written in it. I felt that glimmer of hope I felt when I found that note.

I walked up the stirs Gryffindor tower. That Granger girl, Hermione I think was going through a hole behind the portrait.

“Hermione!” I called. She stopped and looked at me like I was something pulled out of a drain. “Penny left this in Care of Magical Creatures class. Could you give this too her for me?”

“S-Sure,” she said, she took it carefully, like I was going to push her down the stairs. She started to go through the hole behind the portrait again.

“Granger,” I called again, before I could stop my mouth.

“What?” she snapped.

“I’m sorry…for all times I’ve called you a mudblood.” I told her. I swear, me loving Penny, was doing serious damage to my social status.

Granger looked at me like I had sprouted wings, and was speaking German. I walked back down to the Slytherin common room.

I flopped on my bed and moaned. This year sucked.