Transcendence

Soft footfalls resonated through the long crystal hall. Blue and pink lights illuminated the flawless walls, ceiling, and ground. They all reflected the small child that was running down them.

 Her long black hair flowed behind her as she ran. Silver optics stared straight ahead, a smile forming on her face as she neared the exit out of the hall. Two guards stood at the entrance. They were covered in white armor that sparkled in the soft sunlight. Both looked upon her when she came out.

           Stopping, she looked up at each of them, “Where are they?” She asked in excitement,

           The one on the right nodded his head to the left, indicating for her to go that way. The one on the left nodded his head to the right, motioning for her to go that way instead. For a moment all she could do was look both ways. To her right was a maze made of flower beds. It was quite easy to navigate through and she had done it many times before. To her left was the library. She had spent countless hours in there with her tutor, learning nonsense.

           With a huff, she looked at them again, “You to are absolutely mad!” With a shake of her head she walked forward. In front of them was a path that led to the gardens. As she walked under the silver arch way that led into the gardens the sound of the guards laughter reached her ears, making her walk faster.

          The further she got in the garden the more it came alive. Flowers of every species and color reached out to her. After a while the sun was gone from view. Crystal flowers illuminated the path and made the flowers colors much more brilliant.

           As she walked she ran her fingers along the velvety surface of the flowers. They let out a soft hum from her touch. It was as if they enjoyed it. She stopped and looked out at the flowers. Her gaze landed on a dazzling white butterfly whose wings were decorated with soft blues and purples. Walking towards it, she reached down and aloud it crawl upon her finger. The insect did not fear the girl, nor did it see a reason to fly away from her.

           Smiling, she made her way back to the path and started walking down it again. While she was walking she started to talk to the butterfly. After she would finish it would flutter its wings a little as if giving her an answer, and, as if she understood it, she would continues talking like it had given her an answer.

          Time flew pass as she walked and talked. Taking her only a matter of seconds to get to the center of the garden. Sitting in the center was a king and queen sitting upon a light blue blanket with a picnic basket. Off to the side stood the head guard who’s armor was gold. To his side was a young boy that had a wooden sword tied to his belt, he was the guards son.

          The king and queen lifted their gaze to the little girl as she walked over to them, not noticing the butterfly that was now flying away. When she reached them, the queen pulled her down and into her lap. She smoothed out the child’s dark hair then she smoothed down her dark blue silk dress.

          “Who were you talking to love?” The queen questioned, slipping her arms around her daughter.

           The child looked up at her mother, “Mr. Butterfly mommy.”

           “And what did he have to say?” A soft smile came to her face.

           The girl got comfortable and relaxed, “He said not to drink rumple juice while eating frugal berry pie.”

          The kings lips twitched as he tried hard not to smile, “Tell us Stirling dear, why is that?”

          “Because you’ll get a tummy ach of course!” She exclaimed, making both of them laugh and earning a chuckle from the guard.

          When her laughter subsided, the queen sat Stirling down next to her. The king to remove what had been stored inside the picnic basket. He removed a large bottle of blue liquid, some meat pie, tarts with strange looking fruits, and a delicious smelling pie that had orange colored crust. The queen pulled out the plates, silverware, and cups.

          When everything was taken out and set up to how they all wanted, the king served them. Placing meat pies on three plates, he handed them theirs and picked up his own. No one of them said a thing as they each took a bite. After swallowing her very large bite, Stirling was the first to brake the new found silence.

          “Blitz truly does make the best thorn beast meat pies.” She cooed before taking another bite.

          Her mother nodded in agreement, “Yes, he truly does. Charles, you and Tristan can join us, there is enough to go around.” She looked over at the guard and his son.

          Charles gave the queen a kind smile, “Your highness, the offer is generous, but I shell not abandon my post.”

          “Come now Charles, the only dangerous thing in this garden are the thorns on the roses. Now come join us.” The king said firmly.

          Looking down at his son, he sighed and shoved him towards them. Both went over and sat down with the royal family. As soon as they sat they were handed a plate with a meat pie on it. Not wasting any time, Tristan dug in, devouring his in a matter of seconds and asking for another.

          Stirling watched Tristan closely as she ate her own. It amazed her that the boy that was only a year older then her could eat so much. After a while he noticed she was watching him. A light blush came to his cheeks and he quickly looked away from her, ignoring her intent stare.

         After finishing his second meat pie Charles noticed what was going on and decided to save his son, “Young miss, are you excited for your party tomorrow?”

          “Oh yes.” She tore her gaze from Tristan and put it on his father, “You are still coming right?”

          He gave a slight nod of his head, “Of course, wouldn’t miss it for anything. How old are you going to be again?”

          Slightly she puffed her cheeks in annoyance that he had forgotten, “Eight, the age of wonder. All young queens start the imagination training at eight sir Charles, you know that.”

         “Yes, guess I do know that.” He spoke with a light chuckle in his voice, “But why must the great Stirling Spade go into training? You already can use your imagination and you have shown us all how powerful it is.”

           Before she could reply, she was stopped when her mother put her hand upon her head, “It’s the reason for that power in which she needs training. It’s dangerous to use imagination when your don’t quite know what you are doing. Now enough of this talk, lets have desert.”

           Neither of them argued over this as they were each handed a piece of pie along with one of the fruit tarts. In no time they were all enjoying there desert. The conversations that followed were light and happy. Laughter resonated through the gardens as they told jokes and funny stories.

          When the sun had officially gone down they packed up and headed out of the gardens. Their walk didn’t take long as they soon came out to find that the two guards from earlier had gone and were replaced with two new ones. They nodded their heads in respect to the royal family.

           Walking past them, they made their way dawn the hall. The king and Charles walked off down another hall to do business with Tristan trailing behind them. The queen and Stirling went in the opposite direction of them.

            Stirling stopped in front of a light blue door that had a silver knob on it. Pushing it open, she walked inside with her mother behind her.

------------------------

Marceline A/N: Sorry to say but all of our storys are pretty much kind of on hold because of this story. I am showing this story to a friend of my mothers who has just had her own book published and really want feed back. I dont care about grammer problems, I'll fix them when I finish the story. All I want feed back on is the story its self.

Quantum A/N: I did nothing with this... lol, All I am doing is reading through it before it's posted and telled her when she should add more stuff or take something out. The book cover was also made by her, so make comments over that! It took her an hour to make that cover XD So... Fan, comment, vote for this!