Surviving the Hunt: Chapter II - Welcome To . . .

Chapter II - Welcome To . . .

For me, waking up on weekdays in the morning isn't that hard with the impending thought of being late and getting detention. Waking up on the weekends, now that is a whole different story, since it's really hard for me to wake up in the early morning. Every time on the weekends I either wake up at eleven or twelve. Long time to be asleep isn't it? Well, for some reason, this Saturday, it was certainly easy for me to wake up. Guess what the reason was? . . . Sean.

My bed was super comfy and soft. I could just lay there all day, but apparently I couldn't. I felt something poking against the side of my right hip which caused me to jolt and roll away to the left side. Again, I felt the poking and I rolled just a little bit more to the left. Apparently, that little bit, was also a bit too much. I ended up rolling out the edge of the bed, my back falling on the hard carpeted floor.

A loud 'umph' came out of my mouth as my back made contact on the floor. By now, I was awake as I could ever be. I sat up from the floor and looked around my room. On the other side of the room was Sean, laughing his head off as he leaned against the cloudy blue walls. While rubbing my back from the pain, I stood up and glared at Sean. He noticed this and stopped laughing abruptly. I sighed, to tired to actually shout at him 'til he cowers in fear, instead I chose to whine.

"Why are you waking me up," I whined in a really high pitched but depressing voice.

"We're going somewhere."Just five minutes ago I thought that I couldn't be anymore awake than I already was, but apparently I was totally wrong.

"What do you mean by 'we're' going somewhere'?" I said, using my hands to put air quotes as I said 'we're'.

He just shrugged as if it was nothing and said, "You'll find out," with a really self-conceited smirk.

"No, I don't want to know or do I even want to go anywhere on a weekend." I walked over to my bed and plopped down on it, half of my body out the edge. It started to feel uncomfotable when my feet started to fall to the prickly, hard carpet, so I just crawled a little more until my body was on the bed entirely. I heard Sean tsk-ing at me, the type of tsk-ing you would do when a little kid hurts themselves while doing something that they weren't suppose.

"Nuh-uh, little sis, we need to leave before eleven and do you know what time it is?" It was obvious from his voice that he was frowning and annoyed.

"Ummm . . . six in the morning," I suggested but it came out more like, "Ummm . . . Sif in da borming."

"Nope, wrong," he poped the 'p' in the 'nope' as he said it, "It's ten, so you need to get up now!" The blanket underneath me was suddenly tugged and I rolled over off the edge, again. Then, I stood up, fuming at my somewhat smart but slow-witted brother, deciding that this was the last straw.

I grabbed the nearest stuff toys that I could find and threw all fo them at him at him one by one with each sentence I finished. Mind I tell you that you would not beleive the amount of plush toys I had. If you piled them up, they would certainly rival a three story house. "What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see that I just want to sleep!? If you hadn't woken me up I would be already kissing this random hot guy from my dream! But no, you had to go ahead and poke 'til I fell off the bed didn't you!? Are you happy now? 'Cause I'm awake as I can ever be?!" By this time he was backing away to the door as he laughed at my little tantrum.

Finally, he was gone and on the other side of the door, but not without saying, "You'll give in, so If you need me I'll be in the kitchen."

I decided that I should just sleep again, but after ten minutes on the bed, rolling around, and not being able to go back to sleep, I gave up on sleep and went to take a shower. In twenty minutes, I finished taking a bath and dressing up, so I headed into the kitchen.