Chapter 3

I ran inside my house to find Jason sitting on my couch, laughing with my parents and Eliana. "Get out." I said firmly. "What?" said Jason. "Leave. I know what your up to. You want to get close to my family so when you play me, they don't believe me. Get out." "What is all this?" my mom asked. "He's a liar. Jerk. Player. Whatever you want to call it." I replied. "Jason sat up and left the room. I ran up the stairs and called Kasia since I got her number on the bus along with Perrie's. "Do you have Zayn's number?" I asked. "Perrie does." "Thanks." I hung up and called Perrie. "Do you have Zayn's number?" I asked. "You forgot to say hi!" Perrie said. "Hi. Do you have Zayn's number?" I asked again with a sigh. "Yup. 310-454-0989." "Thanks. Bye!" I said. I hung up and dialed his number. "What? You want to tell me Jason is a great friend and I'm a jerk?" he said cockily. "How did you know it's me?" I asked, confused. "Your caller ID says Lydia Romero." "Oh. Look-" I responded. "You're sorry?" He interrupted. "Got it. Bye." He said. He hung up. I sighed and threw my phone across my room. I turned on my laptop and stared at my webcam. "Hello, my name is Lydia, and today I will be singing Iris by Goo Goo Dolls." I whipped out my guitar and started playing. "And I'd give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you'd feel me somehow...." I sang. I sang the whole song and then put my guitar aside. "Um, thanks for watching!" I exclaimed. I hit the stop button on my camera and looked at my page. 1 subscriber. I shut my laptop and slid it under my bed. I pulled out my homework binder and started working. At six, my parents called me down. They told me that my friend was here. I expected it to be Kasia or Perrie. But to my suprise, it was Zayn. He smiled weakly at me and said hello. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go!" my mom smiled. I stepped out of the house and shut the door. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I jumped off my porch. He opened the gate and responded with "I needed to apologize. I was a jerk to you, and I'm so sorry." "It's fine." I said. "So we're cool?!" he asked, his face lighting up. I giggled and said, "Yes, we're cool." I smiled and realized, I had a contestant for the Lydia Romero Possible Boyfriend game.