Chapter 20~

Cadens POV

"What have you done with my mate? I smell her scent all around you, dammit! Where is she?" I roar. Did he dismiss the punishment he received hours earlier? Commander Togen and Jason won't hesitate to dish out a cruel beating.

Nodding my head, Commander Togen holds the bastard up by his throat.

"I will not ask again, traitor. Why do I smell Claudia's scent clouding around your body?"

Chocking he spits out, "Why do you think Caden? She came to warn me of your tempter tantrum." Trying to laugh he kicks Togen in the gut. Without his rank, the traitor has no strength. His kick feels like a pin prick.

"She wouldn't. Claudia is my mate, she wouldn't go behind my back," I snarl. Nodding once again, Togen drops him to the floor. Slamming his head into the concrete a sickening crack echoes the moldy walls. "I've had enough of your lies."

"I'm not lying you bastard," he coughs, blood trickling out his mouth.

"Yes you are dammit!" fisting my hands I take deep breathes. I can't cause him harm. Oh how I crave to wrap my hands around his throat and squeeze until the last sliver of air releases from his lungs. If only he didn't have a blood bond with my sweet Claudia.

Shaking my head I force my paranoia down. She bared her heart and soul to me up in our bedroom. She loves me. There is no way she could have passed me on my way down here to betray me. To be with this piece of trash.

But isn't that what I did? I left her to kill him. I left here moment after I finally get time with her. How daft could I be?

"See for yourself. Have one of your goons check up on her. Is she in your room or did she run to me when she realized you were planning on having me killed?" He taunts. I won't fall for his trickery. He wants to get under my skin. Prompt me to wound him, causing me to harm her in the process.

Not risking it, I mind link with Andrew, the guard I posted at our bedroom door. "Has your princess left my bedroom?" I demand.

"No your highness," he responds promptly." Though it has been eerily quite Sir."

Worry bubbles up inside my chest. She has to be in our room. The scent lingers from his time near her in his room. That is it. It has to be. Squeezing my hands together, I force myself to focus.

"She would have had to pass me to enter the dungeon." Turning away I kick up the dirty hay.

"How do you believe she snuck around the castle grounds?" He prods arrogantly, spitting out blood. My hand twitches to punch the sarcastic smirk right off his face. The bastard will not win this round.

"Andrew, I give you permission to enter my room. Knock first," I command. If she is in bed, I would punish him for seeing her nearly naked. Her body is for my eyes only.

"Of course your highness," Andrew reply's respectably.

"Not mind linking her are we?" He taunts.

"Commander!" I bellow. Pacing I listen to the bastard's grunts as Togen teaches him a lesson. No one betrays the crown and lives to tell.

If I mind link her and she is in our room, it will only set us back further.

"My Prince, the Princess is not in your room. I repeat, the Princess is not in your room," he declares with worry.

The blood drains from my face. She left me. It's happening all over again. No...no I can't live like this. I have to find her. She couldn't have left me. I love her.

Falling to the floor, I grip my hair and roar to the ceiling. Eyes turning black I feel how desperate Marcus is. He is furious at me for leaving her all of a sudden to hunt the traitor down. Once he is disposed of, I will no longer have to worry of him getting in between me and Claudia.