Ch.3 Home

Ch. 3

Home

          I woke up to a bouncing in someone’s arms. I fidgeted, starting to get scared.

          “Well good morning, there sunshine,” Ty said, sarcastically. He put me on my feet. I moaned. I was too tired to walk.

          “Where are we going?” I complained, still tired.

          “Home,” Ty said to me, and I could tell he was aggravated. I was holding him down; in his way.

          Frustrated, I sat down on the ground and let the guys walk past me.

          “What are you doing?” Jack asked, and walked over and picked me up in his arms.

          “I’m tired,” I said curling into Jack’s shoulder.

          “We’re here!” Ty exclaimed, and woke me from my slumber.

          Jack put me down, and I stared at my house in awe.

          “Come here,” Ty said, grabbing my wrist and placing my palm and fingers on the door. Images flashed through my mind and I saw what were probably my mom, dad, and sister. I even saw Ty and me playing tag around the woods. Everything was happy. Nothing that is relevant now was relevant then. It was all so perfect.

          “Are you okay?” Ty asked. I could only nod my head.

          “Let’s go in,” I said with all I could muster. I tried to pretend that tears weren’t coming to my eyes.

          I grabbed the door knob and shivers ran through me. I continued forward. My house looked just the way I had left it. The only thing missing was my family.

          “Come one,” Ty said, “I’m pretty sure that the house is being watched. We don’t want the Sweepers to get us.”

          “The who?” Jack asked.

          “Never mind.” Ty said, and took Jack with him to search the house. I ran up to my room, and found it destroyed. The Sweepers must have been looking through my room, because the notebooks I used at school were all torn up. I found a scrap of paper that had parts of my chemistry homework on it. In the margin was a heart, and Ty’s name was doodles into it. It was unmistakably my handwriting. I looked at the date and it was at the end of my sophomore year of high school.

          I sat on my bead and thought long and hard about the paper. I finally remembered writing it. The only bad part was, was that I had been dating Jack when I wrote that. Almost nothing was making sense to me.

          “Angel?” Jack called.

          “I’m in my room!” I yelled back.

          Jack came upstairs and stood in my doorway. “May I?” he asked, being ridiculously stupid with a bow and hand gestures.

          “Sure,” I said sitting on my bed. Jack sat next to me, looking intensely into my eyes. I saw the loneliness and longing in his eyes.

          “I couldn’t for the life of me stand to be without you for another moment.” He said, brushing my hair away from my face.

          “I thought you were helping Ty?” I asked, and Jack tried to hide he grimace. I knew he never really liked Ty, but accepted him for me.

          “I know this is hard for you,” Jack said, “but I would like to make it a little easier.” He put his hand on my face and leaned to kiss me. He had the softest lips and gave me the most amazing feeling that I had felt in a while.