Chapter 17~

Caden's POV

"Caden, we need to get her to the castle's hospital. Her injuries need checking," my mother informs me softly.

"How? How did this happen?" I've never heard this happening. Only mates feel pain and normally it's a prick here and there. Nothing like what she felt.

What I put her through. Within minutes of meeting her, I nearly kill her. Maybe she was right to keep hidden.

Brushing her black locks off her beautiful face I sigh. What have I done? Will reject me? I pray not. I don't know what I would do if she did.

Maybe go on a killing spree.

My mark lays beautifully on her neck. I need...no crave it to stay there.

"We aren't too sure Caden. Blood bonds are rare. Once she wakes up we will have to ask her questions of what she felt," my father declares. 

"Did she look in unbearable pain?" Gazing down upon her faces once again, I'm struck with the magnificence of her beauty. The other females stood no chance against her.

Holding her in my arms I regret ever touching another soul. Shame blinds me. I shouldn't have allowed my self-pity and loathing to ruin what could have been.

"Caden." Sighing my father stepped up to me. "Don't do this. You're only going to cause yourself more pain."

"How can I not blame myself for her bruises? She has them littered across her entire body." Shaking I try to keep the sobs in. I don't deserve her.

Heavy footsteps sound throughout the room. "The limo is on its way here to transport you four back to the palace, Your Majesty's." Commander Togen said.

Normally trained wolves have silent steps. I believe he is doing it because I'm on egg shells.

"Thank you Chris. Now if you don't mind picking up the traitor and taking him to his new living courters."

"My pleasure, My King." A loud grunting noise reaches my ears. Excellent.

I wish I could have killed him for his words. If it weren't for my father's voice breaking through mine and Marcus's thirst for blood we would have killed him and our mate.

That one thought has sent fear deep into my heart since she passed out. I could have killed her. I was killing her. My own fingers were squeezing the life out of her body.

"Stop thinking about it Caden. It will do no good. You stopped in time to keep her alive," my mother demands. Sitting down next to Claudia she brushes her dark black hair to the side. "She is truly beautiful Caden."

"She is mother. My mate's an angel. I couldn't have asked for more." Sighing I pull her into my arms. Snuggling into her warm body I breathe in her scent for the first time.

"She has a scent mother," I whisper surprised. How did I not spell this before? I can barely breathe in enough.

"Caden, I don't smell her at all. If she has a scent it's for you only," she replies.

"And you never will," Nikolai spits out. Blood smeared across my chin.

Snarling at him, my arms tighten instinctually around Claudia. He can't have her. If she rejects me so be it. I can always remark her. True mates aren't meant to be apart.

I'll lock up her if she tries to escape. I won't allow her to actually leave me for another.

"Come on you filthy traitor. You have no right to speak to your Prince," Commander Togen snarls. Yanking on his arm he pulls Nikolai out of the room.