6.

Caleb

The walk back to the Erudite compound is slow. Everyone gushes over their favorite books. I realize that mostly everyone wears glasses. I doubt all of them have bad eyes. Fashion trend? Probably. I see other transfers with me. They seem unsure of themselves but decide to remain quiet. I wear my gray robes. I am the only Abnegation transfer.

"I'm Sam." Says a boy dressed in red and yellow clothes. Amity transfer.

"Caleb." I tell Sam.

Sam asks me, "Have you ever been to Erudite?"

"No. Have you?"

"Only to deliver stuff but never inside. My father would go inside while I would wait in the truck."

"Do you miss your faction?"

"I don't miss the endless songs, peace serum, and friendly debates."

I laugh, "I could never be Amity. There too happy for me."

He smacks me and laughs, "And I thought that I was the only one!"

"I think most people do but they never admit it."

Sam questions this, "You know what? You're probably right."

I laugh, "Good thing I picked Erudite then."

"Do you miss Abnegation?" He asks me after looking at my gray robes.

"Everyone thought that I was selfless but I didn't mean to be. My parents would always force me to be selfless. I never liked how they treats me. if that sounded mean but I didn't like Abnegation."

"I don't see the point of you old faction. Why forget about yourself and treat someone nice when they aren't going to do the same back to you."

"I don't know."