Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Zack was staying in a safe house at the edge of town. It was an old apartment building that had been closed down years about. The building was bought by Art De Luca but a month later before he could do anything with it, he was sentenced to life in prison for multiple murders he had ordered. It seems he never sold the place even though he could, Art was still alive and kicking in prison.  Back in the day, not so much now since Art was in the slammer, De Luca was the worst crime family in all of North America.

It did get me wondering why Zack would pick this place to hide out. It was empty but still nice, that was good, better than staying in a hole. The apartment he was staying in was on the top floor, tenth or eleventh I lost track since he had to take the stairs. Holy crap of a work out.

“You ok?” He asked.

I nodded yes because I had no air to talk with. I hated that he looked so relaxed like he didn’t take all of these stairs with me. From the door I could see the fair size living room a kitchen, then he led me down the hall were there were two bedrooms.

“Here’s your room. The bathroom is along the hallway, we have to share.” Zack explained.

Great. “Thanks.” I said instead though. The room had a bed, some sheets, and nothing more but I couldn’t complain when my life could be on the line. I still couldn’t believe that fact, who would want to kill me? No one that’s who but to get Zack I’m sure they’d kill me. “How does the Mayor factor into this now?” I asked as I sat on the bed.

Zack leaned against the wall next to the door and arched his knee up. He looked at me, really looked at me with those damn panty dropped blue eyes that right now I was melting over. Crap no control. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” Zack said with a shake of his head.

“Alrighty.” I said as I stood from the bed and looked away from his eyes, I had to look away. “So what else does this place have?” I asked nearing the opening of the door but an arm reached out and grabbed me by the waist. “I know what you’re thinking and it won’t happen.” I founded myself now against his hard lean chest.

“I know.” Zack said as he kissed the curve of my neck, pushing the straps of my top away and kissed my shoulder. Ugh he wasn’t playing far and now I couldn’t bring myself to pull away. He turned me around and our lips met, that was it I couldn’t think anymore.

“Oh…fuck.” I moaned as his mouth traveled down my neck and his hands down my waist. My top flew to the floor and Zack backed up to the bed and sat down. His finger hooked on my belt loop and he pulled me to him. He sat, I stood, as he began to take off my jeans.

Say no! Move away! Don’t do this Sam! But I wouldn’t listen to my brain; it would thank me later when we had all the images of this moment left over to drool about. I kissed him this time as I pushed him down on the bed. I wasn’t a scared little virgin anymore, I was taking control. Oh this was going to be fun.

I was pretty much naked of all clothing if you didn’t count the bra and panties. But here Zack was fully dressed, here lay the problem. I ended up beneath him now; I pulled his shirt off and our mouths met again. His hands were firm and large across my skin, just a touch and I wanted more.

He kissed me deep with all the focus in the world, nothing rushed and everything explored. I got familiar with his body as he kissed me this way, I let my hands roam the length of his arms, the hard smooth granite of his back. His chest was feverish with sexual desire making his blood pump.

Then I felt something vibrating against my hip. I looked at him with an arched brow. “I don’t think they should vibrate.”

Zack smiled. “Smart ass. It’s my beeper, I have it in my pocket.” He explained as he reached down at grabbed it.

“Who has a beeper anymore?”

“I do.” He looked at the number and groaned. NO! This wasn’t going to be good for me. He groaned again and his lips found my neck. “I have to go.” He said between kisses.

“Just skip it.” I urgently said. Damn this man he said he had to go but he couldn’t stop touching me, tease!

“I can’t.” Now he left the bed and looked down on me. “Stay here and don’t move. I’ll be back.”

“When?” I called out.

“Soon!” He yelled before heading down the stairs.

I groaned and pulled one of the sheets over me. This sucked; I gave in and got nothing. With all this stress I could use a good orgasm, Zack could give that too me but nope he had to leave.

I left the bed now; something about being pretty much naked in a new place just didn’t feel right. I threw on a tank top and some shorts before climbing back into the bed. It was still early in the day but there was nothing I wanted to do.

I pulled out my cell phone and decided to call the family. “Where are you?” Erin asked.

“Staying with a friend.”

“Mom wanted you to come over for dinner but once seven passed I guess you didn’t get the message.” Erin said.

“Yeah tell her I’m fine and I’ll call her soon. Tell Alissa the same thing.” I told Erin before we hung up. I didn’t want to call Alissa because I’m sure she’ll figure out me leaving had something to do with Zack. I hope she wouldn’t need me to work because well I wouldn’t be there. If I get fired over this I will hang Zack Myers.

 I curled up in bed, it was so comfortable, and fell asleep.

For a second time today I woke up and met Joey’s brown green eyes. With everything going on I should be terrified to wake up to someone watching me but Joey didn’t scare me. His presence was actually comforting because I believed he could keep me safe if need be. “You need to make sounds when you walk into a room. What are you doing here?” I asked as I sat up and he sat on the bed.

“Zack wanted me to check on you, he’s going to be awhile.” Joey answered. Damn no sex tonight, whatever was keeping Zack better be damn worth it. “So how do you like this place?”

“It’s ok.” I said with a shrug.

“I’m not good at upkeep but it works for a great hideout.” Joey said.

“Huh? I thought Art De Luca owned this place and never sold it.”

“Yeah dad passed it down to me.”

“Dad? You’re telling me Art De Luca is your father?” I asked, I really wasn’t excepting that.

“Yup, Joseph De Luca pleased to meet you.”

I shook his extended hand. “Ok now I’m really sure you’re not a cop. What do you do Mr. Joseph De Luca?”

“Family secret.”