Chapter 6

We drove for a few minutes before pulling into a driveway of a small house. The front porch light was on. He turned the truck off, and climbed out. He headed up the steps, and I climbed out too, walking up behind him.

He stopped at the door, and hesitantly, he opened it. Riley stepped inside, leaving the door open for me to walk through. I stepped inside, and started to follow him, but something told me to stay where I was. He walked to the kitchen, and pushed the door open.

"Riley?" A female voice asked. He turned towards the direction of his name. I followed his gaze. She came down the hallway. I gasped. She looked exactly like Riley. Her hair was long, and the same bronze color of his. I wasn't close enough to see her eyes, but I was guessing they were green like his. She stopped at the end of the hallway, as if checking to see if it was really him. And then, deciding it was, she ran forward, closing him in her arms. She was about a foot shorter than him, and he towered over her.

"Where is he?" Riley asked.

"He's gone. I called the cops the night you left." I felt like an intruder, watching their reuinion, and I was afraid it was something he wouldn't want me to know. Quietly, I opened the door, and stepped through. I climbed up on the rail on the porch. He would come get me when he was ready.

The wind blew sharply against me, whipping my hair all over the place, and making me even colder.I was uncomfortable in my wet clothes, but I refused to go in the house until he came and got me.

A few minutes later, the door squeaked as it was opened, and Riley stepped through.

"Why are you out here?"

"I didn't want to intrude. It was a private conversation between you and..." I trailed off. Not knowing who she was.

"My mother." I nodded. "Come on. It's cold. You'll get sick." He took my hand, and I jumped down. He pulled me through the door, and led me down the hallway. We stepped into his room. The walls were covered in posters, and his curtains were black. He walked over to a chest-of-drawers and pulled out some clothes.

"They might be a little big, but at least the'r dry. You can take a shower, I'll throw your clothes in the dryer." He pointed to the bathroom. I walked in, and shut the door. Quickly, I took my shirt and shorts off. I opened the door a crack, and handed them to him. I took everything else off, and turned the shower on. The hot water warmed my skin. I washed my hair and everything, and when I was warm, I stepped out, and dried myself off. I put my underwear back on, which were dry where I had lain them on the small heater. One side of my bra was still wet, so I didn't bother putting it back on. I picked up what Riley had given me. It was a short sleeve shirt, and a pair of sweatpants. When I pulled them on, I realized he was right. They were gigantic on me, but they were dry and warm.

I left the bathroom, and walked back to his room. I sat down on his bed. I was still sort of cold, so I crawled under the covers and lay down. I was tired, and within a few minutes I fell asleep.

Riley's POV

I tossed her clothes in the drier, and turned it on. I waited a few minutes, then went to the bathrrom to see if she was out. She was, so I gathered up all of her towels, and what was left of her wet clothes, and went back to the laundry room. I threw the towels down, and put her bra in the drier. It would take a while for her clothes to dry, so I went to keep her company.

"Skylar, I-" I broke off when I seen her. She was curled up under the covers on my bed, fast asleep. I put on a pair of shorts and walked to the door. I turned the light off, and headed for the living room. Tossing a cover and a pillow onto the couch, I walked to the kitchen to get a drink of water.  When my glass was empty, I put it in the sink, and walked to the living room. I layed down on the couch, and fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys! I know this was boring, and very short. It was just a filler. I promise the next chapter will be better. Please don't give up on me yet! What do you guys think of Riley? Should him and Sky get together? Don't forget to fan, vote, and comment!

~Ta Ta for now~