9 - Playing Possum Is The New Trend (edited)

It was silent for a moment, then Zabuza's eye twitched and Kakashi's widened, the other three blades of the windmill shuriken folded, coming down on Kakashi's hand and he grunted in pain. Tsuki winced and Naruto was still bobbing about in the river. 

Throwing the blade away, the two men jumped back in sync, in fact, everything was in perfect sync as they landed and performed the exact same hand signs.

"Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu! (WATER RELEASE WATER DRAGON JUTSU)" They called as two dragons of water formed between them and rose up high, fighting each other.

It caused huge waves and Naruto was rocked about, the water broke onto land and blasted the three of us and the bridge builder. Tsuki grabbed the back of Sasuke's shirt to keep herself upright, but Sakura and Tazuna were knocked on their butts.

'So many secret hand signs, and he managed to mirror them perfectly . . .' Sasuke thought.

'Are these really Shinobi Jutsu that they're using?' Sakura asked herself.

Under the fountain of water, Kakashi was blocking Zabuza's sword with a kunai.

"Damn you!" Zabuza cursed, the two of them jumped apart and then ran around in a half circle. Kakashi was like a mirror not one fraction of a second behind. Zabuza raised one arm straight up in the air and the other, two fingers to his lips. His eyes widened as Kakashi did it perfectly at the exact same time.

"They're using identical moves," Tazuna gasped, "And their timing's synchronised too!"

"What's happening Sasuke-kun? Tsuki?"

Neither of them answered, not even a blink as they kept their narrowed eyes on the two men on the water. Their hands came down almost to their sides and then together in an upside down diamond. Quickly, they clasped their hands, index fingers straight up and Zabuza scoffed at Kakashi.

"You're just copying my jutsu," he said and then added, "You will never defeat me with your cheap tricks."

But Kakashi had said it also, at the exact same time. Zabuza's eyes widened and he began fixing hand signs together.

"You and your copycat tricks! I'm going to finish you off once and for all!" Kakashi quickly performed some hand signs, the look in his eyes a deadly one.

"C'mon Kakashi, take MooMoo down!" Tsuki cheered. Sasuke smirked at her.

"Suiton: Daibakufu no Jutsu!" (WATER RELEASE GIANT VORTEX JUTSU - sometimes known as Great Waterfall Jutsu) Kakashi said and the black marks on his red eye began spinning.

"Nani?!" Zabuza yelled.

Water swirled into a whirlpool at Kakashi's feet and then around him in a circle before ploughing towards Zabuza.

"No way!" he exclaimed and was engulfed by the water. Naruto was washed up onto the shore and Tsuki caught a presence but only for a second. Kakashi pinned Zabuza to a tree with kunai as the water returned to the river, perched on a branch above him.

"You're finished," Kakashi announced.

"How . . ." Zabuza asked, "Can you see into the future?"

"Yes, prepare to die."

Kakashi lifted a kunai however two Senbon came whirring through the air and plunged into Zabuza's neck. He fell to the ground, eyes wide open, no longer moving. The figure in the mask stood on a branch in a tree not too far away, stock still and quiet. He giggled a little. Tsuki blinked.

'Is it a boy or a girl?' she thought.

"You were right. It was his last battle," now it was obviously a boy, but his voice was muffled by the mask.