Chapter Sixty

We all walked out to greet the mass of people, and I was instantly hugged by someone. I pulled back to see Draco's worried face, and I hugged him back tightly.

"Everything okay? What happened?" he asked.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered and he nodded.

"Leah," Lucius said, and I looked at him.

"Can you hear this?" I asked in a whisper.

"Yes," he said in confusion.

"Good, I'll be sure to tell daddy," I said and he paled.

"I never thought..." he trailed off and I turned away, searching for Pansy.

"Loveland, are you alright?" asked Nott.

"Not Loveland anymore, apparently," I shook my head.

"R-right, Riddle, got it," he nodded.

"What happened in there, to the point where you're at ease with Carrow around?" Draco spat and I put a hand to his cheek.

"Calm down," I smiled and then pulled away. I looked at him and saw blood on his cheek, making me frown.

"Jesus Leah, what'd you do?" Alex smirked, taking my hand. I realized it wasn't Draco's blood, it was mine.

"I don't know if it's from the door or when you were digging your nails into me," he said with a joking glare.

"It's your fault, Mr. Death Eater," I glared back at him, lucky only Draco heard.

"What?" Draco gasped.

"I will tell you later!" I repeated more exasperatedly, and Draco sighed. Alex wiped the blood on my hand and held his up next to mine.

"Looks like it happened to both of us," he smirked and I laughed.

"Guess so," I nodded, putting my hand down.

"Leah, I can't believe he's back," mum said, running over. She looked pale and frightened.

"Alex Carrow," she said instantly growing cold. He looked at her politely and inclined his head, seeming a bit confused why she was confronting him like that.

"You're the one who assaulted my little girl!" she snapped and his eyes widened.

"No, I did that because father wanted me to- ow!" he said when Pansy walked up, slapping him.

"Pansy, enough," I frowned and she gaped at me.

"Enough? He's the reason your lip was busted for a week!" she snapped angrily.

"I will explain everything," I said sternly. I did explain everything once we got back to the common room. The other schools left the day after and at last, it was our final day of Hogwarts only a short day after.

"Summer's here," Draco smiled as we entered the Hall for the last time this year.

"I know, after we eat breakfast, we're out of here!" I smiled excitedly.

"Hey, uh, should we check on Ariana?" asked a nervous Nott, walking up hurriedly.

"Crap, yes!" I nodded, and we sprinted out of the Hall, down to our common room. I scanned the hallway and found the spot where I left her, but when I took off the disillusion charm, there was nothing there. I sent it around the whole room, knowing I couldn't miss her.

"Where did she go?" I asked in shock.

"She wouldn't have just walked away," Nott said carefully and Draco shook his head.

"She would've gone straight to daddy dearest, and he's still looking for her," he said.

"We almost killed her, and now she's missing. Even if she did wake up, she was too hurt to move. We're in deep trouble," I muttered.

"Hey!" called a voice harshly and I jumped before realizing it was only Alex, who seemed very amused.

"Scare you?" he teased, walking closer.

"You know, the smell of death isn't lingering. Did Ariana live?" he asked.

"She disappeared," I whispered and we stood there in shocked silence. The only person who broke it was, ironically, Dumbledore.

"Ms. Riddle, a word?" he asked with a calm smile. I put on a fake smile of my own and nodded.

"Of course," I said. I followed Dumbledore up to his office, where I sat down next to Potter.

"How are you, Harry?" I asked softly, gently placing my hand on his arm. He looked up at me sadly, and then hugged me.

"Glad I saved one of you," he whispered and I had to fight the strong urge to roll my eyes. This idiot didn't save me.

"Me too, Harry, me too," I muttered into his shoulder, and then he released me.

"How are you holding up?" he asked.

"People aren't harassing me, like I thought they would," I admitted.

"Well your Voldemort's daughter, they're afraid of you," he said, a ghost of a smile showing through.

"Great," I sighed, and we both sat back down.

"So, Ms. Riddle, I would like to discuss your living arrangements," Dumbledore said.

"Okay..." I said uncertainly.

"Where will you be staying this summer?" he asked.

"With Draco I suppose," I said, shrugging.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Lucius has one of the largest houses out of the death eaters, so which would Voldemort be mostly likely to use as a base? You shouldn't be near him; he needs you just like we do. You're the deciding factor of who wins...and who does not," Dumbledore said kindly but firmly.

"You're right...I guess I should make other arrangements," I sighed.

"Well I've made some already," Dumbledore said with that joy filled twinkle in his eyes. 

"Have you?" I laughed and he nodded.

"You will be staying at the Dursley's. It also enables you to help protect Harry," he said with a slight nod.

"It isn't like I don't want to protect Harry," I lied, "but what am I, some sort of guardian?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"We both know you are a magnificent fighter, and I believe you will do well," Dumbledore said.

"She'll be miserable with the Dursley's," Potter groaned and I nodded.

"I'm not used to muggle customs either," I pointed out.

"What's done is done; they've already agreed. Pack your bags dear, it ought to be a long summer," Dumbledore smiled, and I scowled as I left the office. What if I could just kill them all?