14. [Thomas]

Stepping inside the halls of Woodway Prep, the school was unusually talkative for a Monday morning—and that's saying something since they're always gossiping about the latest hook-up, or something stupid like a new fashion trend. 

Bypassing some students, I overheard two random kids talking about a new transfer student. By the time I made it to my locker, the only thing being talked about was how hot the new girl was. Apparently she had curves in all the right places. Their words, not mine. 

"Thomas," my buddy, Gabe called my name. 

I looked up to see him running towards me. I sighed, and ran my hands through my hair. "Yes, Gabe?"

He grinned, leaning his body against the lockers. "Did you hear about the hot, new girl?"

"Unfortunately," I said, dialing in my locker combination. "But, I don't really see how this is news. There's a lot of hot girls here."

"Yeah, but you don't understand man," he said, as his clear green eyes lit up. I shook my head. He was probably thinking about her ass. "This girl is beyond hot. She's fu—" he started to say until I stopped him.

"Look." I eyed him. "That's cool and all, but did you forget? I'm with Rachel." Everyone knew our relationship was strictly non-monogamous, but I wasn't going to toss her aside just because a supposedly "hot" girl showed up. I wasn't that much of a pig to do that.

"But she's—"

"I don't want to hear it, Gabe," I said, grabbing my textbook and slamming my locker shut. "I'll see you later." I didn't wait for his reply, as I walked pass him.

Even as I was heading down the hallway, everyone and I mean everyone was still talking about the damn new girl. How hot can a girl really be to have the whole school in an uproar about her? Our school seriously needed to calm the fuck down before I go nuts.

As I tuned out the whispers, I raced towards my first period class. Seeing Rachel decked out in her mini skirt, and tight blouse, I couldn't help but stare at her perfection. When her forest green eyes locked on mine, the corners of her bright red lips turned up into an alluring smile. She ushered me over, and I applied, grabbing the seat next to her.

"Hey, babe." I grinned, sneaking a kiss.

"Hey, sweetie," she said, leaning her body forward. My eyes drifted down for a split second to see her running her fingers up my knee. "How are you?" she asked, licking her lips.

"Great," I said propping my legs at the foot of my desk. "Well . . . until everyone started talking about the new girl."

Rachel's smile dropped. She rolled her eyes, letting out a snort. "I don't understand why anyone is talking about her," she complained, her voice going up an octave. "She's not all that."

I cocked a brow at her. "You saw her?" Seriously, am I the only one who didn't see her yet?

"Yeah." Apparently. "And trust me, she's not that pretty. I'm more jealous of the fact that she has the latest Mouawad bag." Her teeth grounded together as she slammed her fist on her desk. "I don't even have that yet."

"That rich, huh." Maybe that's why everyone's talking about her. She's probably just some stuck up, spoiled princess. We really don't need anymore of those around here. 

She nodded. "I heard she's loaded."

I was about to comment, when the door opened, and a girl I'd never seen walked in. She was a little on the short side—barely making it past five feet—with a crap load of freckles dusting her face. I'd to admit she was cute, but not cute enough to have the whole school practically treating her like royalty on the first day.

"Is that really the new kid?" I whispered. Hearing her giggle softly, she shook her head. Her red curls bounced up at the movement, before they fell back into place.

"No, sweetie. She's been in our class since like forever."

"Oh."

Hearing the guy sitting behind me yell, "she's here!" I looked up to see the definition of pure beauty. She was freaking flawless with those big round eyes of hers that sucked me in the moment our eyes met. 

"Hi," she spoke softly, her voice rich and velvety.

"Told you she's not that hot." Rachel laughed next to me. Her laugh was loud enough to make the new girl pause for a second. And if I didn't know any better, I saw the flicker of rage in her eyes. But, maybe that was just me seeing things, because not even a second later, the look was gone, replaced by a breathtaking smile. 

"Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" the teacher asked, and I was practically dying to learn anything about this girl. Even her quirky hobbies—fuck, she could talk about the weather, and I'll gladly listen to her.

"Ah," she started off, tapping her chin, "there's really nothing to tell." My shoulders slumped hearing that, but when she opened her mouth again, my ears perked up. "Growing up, my parents put me through private school, and then I went through the whole homeschooling phase. When I finally got sick of it, I decided to enroll here," she finished off explaining, letting a ghost of a smile appeared on her face. "The name's Isabella Elizabeth, but I go by Izzy. You—" I drowned the rest of her sentence out when I heard that fucking name. Isabella. 

"Wow. Can you believe it?" Rachel asked me. "She has the same name as Isacow. Too bad they're both ugly." She laughed at her own joke.

Pushing the fact that Rachel had just called Izzy ugly aside, my hands curled up into tight fists when I thought about her—the fucking killer. 

Cover by Miszty