Chapter Seventeen

Hey there my lovelies! I’m so sorry that I didn’t have much time to reply to your comments last chapter and that, this upload is a bit late, I am settling in a campus you see? Life is pretty chaotic and will continue to be so in a few more days. But I will upload at least once a week so don’t worry! 

Love you all!

So without further ado…

Chapter Seventeen

“Oh God we’re in trouble.” Dazed, William was barely able to suppress the maddening urge to pull her back into his lap and start kissing her again. However, Charlotte scooted away from him, hands covering her pink red lips with horror in her eyes. “Oh no, no, no. This cannot happen again.”

Perplexed, William tried to move close to her again but Charlotte was already in a fit. She swatted his hand and budged further again from him. Confused, he asked her what the hell was wrong but Charlotte ignored him completely, got up and fled the room. William rose from the divan and had half a mind to run after Charlotte but restrained himself from doing so. It would be unwise and highly improper if someone would discover him chasing after the daughter of the Earl to her room, fiancée or not. So, William pushed his fingers in his hair with a groan of frustration, collapsed on the divan and gulped down more whisky to placate his aggravation.

After spending quality time with whisky in his study, William dragged his body up the stairs for his room, tired and fairly foxed, all thanks to the entire bottle he had consumed. He fell asleep with no difficulty, falling face first into his mattress, clothes un-removed and boots sticking out from the edge of the bed. He slept blissfully.

Waking up on the other hand was a different matter entirely. When his valet parted the curtains the following morning and sunshine streamed into his room, William uttered a blasphemy that would put color in a sailor’s cheeks. He buried his face in his pillow while George, his valet, prattled on and removed his boots. The sun’s rays felt like needles in his eyes and the headache was two times worse.

Muffled by the pillow, William grunted, “Close that damned window.”

“But it’s a beautiful day my lord.” After removing his boots, George shuffled to prepare his bath in the wash room attached to the left of the bedroom.

“Let me sleep.” While maintaining his eyes firmly shut, William felt around with his hand and pulled a crumpled blanket to cover him head to toe.  George tugged the fabric away softly, much to his master’s displeasure.

“You must raise my lord.” The valet insisted.

“No. Now go away.”

“My lord, Lady Lorelei insisted that you join the party.” Eyes still tightly shut; William remained motionless in the cocoon of blanket he had pulled to cover himself.

"Remember who pay you instead George." William had nothing planned today but to lie in his bed until his throbbing headache subside. Even in the darkness under closed lids, pain came in torrents, rising and flooding without granting him the slightest respite. He had always handled pain poorly, hangovers especially.

George tugged his blanket again and William flinched. “Please my lord, the luncheon would begin in a few minutes.”

This information stilled William for a few seconds. Luncheon? Surely he had not slept past morning and into the noon? It doesn’t seem like he had slept for long. “Luncheon?” William grunted and dared to steal a peak by opening his eyes slightly.

“Yes my lord. It is already noon time.” George provided and continued to pull, inch by inch, the blanket covering the large form of his master.