Prologue Part 1:The Accident

Hi There!!!!!!!

This is my first story ever so feedback would be appreciated greatly. If you find any grammar mistakes please inform me.

There are two parts to the prologue and I am working on the second. You can expect an update by next Thursday at the latest.

Just so you know both parts of the prologue are set 2 years before the rest of the story.

All dialogue spoken by Sky's P.O.V. in this section is in Italics. River's appears normal and other characters dialogue is in Italics. Confusing I know and I'm sorry.

The photo on the side is Emma as I imagine her. However feel free to use your imagination, it is a story after all. 

BTW************** stand for swears. (you'll understand when you get to it)

Now onto the story Enjoy!!!

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Prologue Part 1

I stand, unable to move, except for my eyes that is. They are free, but the rest of me is frozen with an emotion so strong I am paralyzed. Fear. Fear, not for myself, but rather for my sister bound in blood and bound by love. And I have absolutely no idea why.

My senses are on high alert but I feel, hear, and see nothing. It is as if I am submerged in darkness, wrapped in cotton, and my nerves numbed by some unknown force. As I watch, silent, my surroundings lighten. “That’s a good sign Sky” I tell myself (mentally of course). I am barely able to decipher shapes but somehow know I am in the woods and on a mountain judging from the steep incline. Slowly, I regain my sense of hearing and barely, just barely can hear what sounds like wolves, and lots of them.

Where am I? I'm not home that’s for sure. But I am in the area of what seems like home. Yeah, that makes so much sense (mentally scolding myself). I glimpse a figure between tree trunks walking at a slow pace accompanied by the crunch of fresh snow underfoot. As the figure nears I recognize the distinctive blond hair of Emma, my sister. Attempting to call out, all I am rewarded with is the feeling of choking on air. She is in her parachuting gear, all bundled up. Using all my willpower at hand, I force a strangled yelp out of my unyielding throat. If Emma hears me she shows no sign. That scares me more than not having half my senses. She is in danger and I have no way to warn her as I can’t move or be heard by her. Add the fact that I don't even know what or why I have to warn her about, the situation is dire.

This was going from bad to really bad to much, much worse. Wherever I was I need to move. If I can’t force myself to make a noise I can force nature to make a noise for me. Oh, I right can’t move. Officially my dumb blond moment for the year. I settle on watching as she preps for a jump and I am all the while mentally screaming my head off for her to stop, turn around, and go home where she would be safe.  As she continues to prep for a jump I grow more desperate in my thoughts, even going as far to offer her my Nutella if she were to stop now. What? I’m desperate!!

I notice movement to my left and find a wolf watching Emma intently. All random mental thoughts aside, I mentally scream as best I can to implant in her stubborn head to just go home. Like all previous tries, no such luck.