18- Meet the parents

Writer's block is off the charts so I am very sorry about this chapter. The next one should be better :)

_____________________________________________________

PICTURE OF LYLE ON THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>

"Oh my gosh are you pretty, Jace was not exaggerating one bit" Mrs.Sommers smiles engulfing me in a warm hug. She looks just like I thought she would. She has that mothering feel but also the feel of power. She does not resemble Jace much with her blonde hair but I would still guess they were related.

She welcomes us into the house and my stomach flips. I imagined it would look formal and uncomfortable because of Jace's Dad's position in the pack. From what I can see so far it actually resembles our old house in Pasadena, very modern but comfortable. Though like our house here most of the walls are painted blue or green.

"You have a lovely home" Mom comments looking at one of the many vases sitting on one of the tables. A lot of stuff here even looks antique and expensive.

"Oh thank you. Ian, Lyle is in his room if you wanna go play" She smiles pointing up there stairs. Ian beams running up before she even finishes her sentence. For the rest of us she leads us into what seems to be one of two living rooms. At the other side of the room Jace, Miles, and what seems to be Jace's dad sit near the burning fireplace. Alpha Sommers looks exactly like Jace but with frown lines, a mean expression, and cold grey eyes. 

This is the reason I was so terrified to come here. Jace's parents don't even know we are mates and still they look like they are judging us. Jace's Mom as nice as she seems to be looks like she is surveying my every move. Even as I sit down on the couch with Jace, Kam, Chloe, and Miles, she looks like she is watching my every move.

"Just stay calm" Jace whispers through the mind link. Strangely enough I am calm. The more I think about it the less sense being scared seems. Jace will become alpha in a few months and his Dad will no longer be in power. Even though Jace never talks about his family I know he practically despises his Dad and will probably never speak to him after he becomes alpha. When he does become alpha, we will no longer have to hide. I really don't need to impress his parents, so I shouldn't be worried. But at the same time the way Jace's dad watches me even when he is talking to my parents is upsetting.

"So Riley, what are your plans after high school? Well, providing you do not find your mate right away" Jace's dad asks giving a false smile. Wow this is the first time he has spoken to me directly for the thirty minutes that we have been here. Each time he would talk about me he would speak to my Dad. I don't know if they are friends but he is the nicest to Dad. 

"I was thinking about maybe going into the film industry" I say off the top of my head. Being a junior I should really know what I want to be but I don’t. Miles snorts down a laugh while Jace's Dad's face clouds over with a look of disapproval. Well I must have said something wrong.

"That isn't a proper job for a werewolf” He snorts sitting back in his chair. What does he mean not proper? If I want to be an astronaut I will be an astronaut. Not that I am going to be anything other than what fate decided to give me, which is to be the Luna of the Blue Moon pack. 

"Dad, she can be whatever she wants to" Jace tries not to get angry. The room is silent and the tension is thick. Everyone with the exception of Jace's Mom, who is cooking dinner, sits quietly waiting for Jace's Dad's answer. I have the feeling this is not going to go well.

 "True. She isn't your Luna" Alpha Sommers says. Jace tenses next to me as the conversations turns to this. Of course we haven't told Jace's family about us being mates. If Jace's father knew he would rat us out to the council faster than you can say 'werewolf'.