✙ Chapter 20 ✙

Hey!

So, I've been thinking a lot about how this story is going to end - not for another 10-15 chapters, so don't worry ;) - but I've been wanting to show a little bit of Nora's past! And, GUESS WHAT!? I GOT MY FIRST CAR! I'm turning sixteen in 12 days! AHHH, I'm so excited! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter; please, no comments about Nora changing into some soft, vulnerable girl because that isn't the case - she needs to break her walls a little eventually. So, tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!

~Lissa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, keep your eyes on the road," I said, slapping Noah's shoulder as he searched through the radio stations, nearly swearing into a ditch. My brother was a terrible driver; while he blamed the battered sedan he was forced to drive, I blamed his lack of focus. Despite his slow driving, he constantly swerved into the other lane and his turns were sharp, so sharp enough that the groceries on the backseat slid from one to side to the other. He muttered something under his breath, finally leaving the radio alone, frowning at the old pop song playing. I took a deep breath, glancing out the passenger window, realizing the trees weren't passing in a blur - actually, I could've ran along the side of the car. I looked at the speedometer, indicating his speed of thirty when the speed limit was fifty-five. "Can't you go any faster? You're driving slower than a grandma."

"No, I'm not!" he responded, defensively.

"Bullsh*t," I said, rolling my eyes. "You're going thirty when the speed limit is fifty-five; I've lost count of how many cars have passed us."

He frowned at me. "Sorry, but unlike someone, I don't have a need for speed." I grinned, remembering when he started teaching me how to drive when Driver's Ed came whirling around the corner. Noah had tossed me the keys, allowing me to drive to the grocery story for the first time, which was a little over fifteen miles away from our home. To put it simple, I favored the gas pedal more than the brake. "And, I don't even know how you got your license; you're a terrible driver!"

"And, you're not?" I shot back, cocking an eyebrow.

"Touché."

I smiled. "Maybe I'm such a terrible driver because I learned from the worst." He gasped, whipping his head around. He reached across the compartment between us and started slapping my arm, a grin lingering on his face. I fought against his hands, pressing myself against the driver's door with the seat belt digging into my chest. Drifting into the rocks along the side of the road, he stopped with a chuckle and turned the steering wheel, centering us. Then, he spoke, "What are you talking about!? I'm the best d*mn teacher!"

"Lies!"

"I speak the truth!" he shouted, dramatically slapping the horn. The beep! started the couple in the car behind us and next thing I knew, they were speeding around us, glaring at Noah as they passed in annoyance. His cheeks flushed red and he peeked at me, "Oh, sh*t! I think that was my Chemistry teacher. . ."

I laughed. "Are you serious!? Ha, you'll find out Monday!" I trembled in laughter and he smirked mischievously, before nailing a punch in my shoulder. "Ow! What the hell!? You're not supposed to hit girls!"

"You're my sister," he said, shrugging. "Doesn't count."

"Assh*le."

"B*tch."