Chapter 11

Several weeks had passed and Jenna with her normal routine would check in on Brock, checking the IV bags and machines. She assessed the incisions on his head and arm and they had healed well but would leave a scar and the constant reminder of the events that led him to this place.

Over the past several weeks Jenna had occasionally brought Lilah in to see Brock and started to find that she was a great assest to his care. Jenna could faintly notice Brock's heart rate pick up when Lilah was there. By the second visit before Jenna could stop Lilah, she had gingerly climbed up on the hospital bed and snuggle up against Brock's leg. Lilah would nudge and push Brock's hand with her cold wet nose so that his hand would lay perfectly on top of her head. Jenna would have sworn on the Holy Bible that this companionship was a perfect match as made both parties calm and at peace.

Jenna pulled out Brock's chart and started to wright orders for more IV fluids when the soft sound od plastic geently smacking at the the tiled floor in fluid motion of footsteps coming from behind distracted Jenna. Jenna looked up to see Anne standing here with a large smile on her face. She would call Jenna on the phone almost everyday to check on Brock's condition and over these few weeks they had become close friends. Anne felt better knowing that Brock had someone like Jenna taking care of him. Their mother had said that she was going to come down again to visit Brock but that their father had forbade it. He stated that 'granted I fell badly that Brock is in the state that he is in, but if he would have just stayed home and agreed to take over the company then is wouldn't have happened'. Her fatther's cold and emotionless statement had made Anne want to walk away from the family too. Brock had the right idea all along, at first Anne thought he was just being wild and stubborn about settling down but now she saw the real reason. Anne was furious with her mother as well for becoming spineless and not standing up for herself and not allowing her father to dictate what could and couldn't be done.

"Hey Jenna, how's my hard headed brother doing? Oh, I see he has a bed buddy today hey Lilah you a good girl aren't you." Lilah gently wagged her tail and snuggled even closer to Brock.

"So Anne, how did your finals go, did you pass?" Jenna asked as she continued to write in the chart. Anne walked up to Brock and gently smacked him on the shoulder.

"Yep with flying colors and made the Dean's list as well. Brock you better be proud of me since I know if I would have stayed here you would have smacked me the in head. I would've ended up repeating the semester."

"I'm sure Brock is very proud of you." Jenna placed the chart back on the table while she gently partly moved the blankets from Brock's right leg exposing it all the way to the hip. Anne looke quiitvly at Jenna.

"What are you doing?"

"Since Brock hasn't been using his muscle I've been exercising them for him, so when he does wake up he wouldn't have lost complete muscle function." Jenna bent Brock's leg at the knee and then flexed his feet, bending the leg and moving his hip around massaging the muscles. Again, Jenna felt the sensation and trying to turn away from Anne so that she couldn't see the blush that as forming. and rising up her neck. Jenna cleared her throat and moved to work on his arm that was injured. Brock would probably have to do physical therapy even after he woke up.

Anne and Jenna made conversation while Jenna worked on Brock's muscles. They discussed Brock's birthday that was coming up soon and how they were going to celebrate it as well as Jenna's night out awhile back. Jenna hadn't really seen Patrick since that night only in passing. She was still leery on the fact that he really thought she was attractive that night. Every so often he would call and they would just shoot the breeze on their day events. Occasionally and suddenly brought up the notion of them going out on a date. Jenna would change the subject quickly or just blow him off and tell him she wasn't ready.