Chapter 1--Where It All Starts Now

• Dedicated to To anyone reading this story. Thank you--much appreciation ♥

Hey guys...this is my first story. Hope you enjoy. Fan me if you do!

Happy reading...=)

*** *** ***

It all started with Benni.

            Benni was possibly the artsiest, weirdest friend I’d ever had. She wasn’t artsy in a cool, together sort of way. When she threw on a huge plaid throwover and tye-died tanktop with jeggings and lace up boots, it really didn’t look good at all. It didn’t come together in a way that made girls envious, or that made her seem mysterious. But, she had confidence nonetheless. She had been my saving grace when I moved here a few months back. She’d turned around in class one day and asked if I wanted to be her partner.  I was on the shy side, so the fact that this girl even talked to me made me feel like a million bucks.

            “Sure,” I’d said, and a friendship had bloomed.

            She had introduced me to her interesting, mixed group of friends. James played bass in a band with Noah and Elk. Anabella is probably the most popular out of the bunch of us; she’s outgoing and is on the school council, and she’s gone out with the band each several times around.

            I was sitting with the group when Benni came up, a pout on her lips.

            “I need a guy,” she’d said and I’d looked up from my yogurt. Elk raised his eyebrows. Elk got his name was because he was just a generally very big, tall guy with an alert, but quiet personality. He didn’t say all that much, but he was still our friend.

            “What do you mean? You and Spencer just broke up last-“

            “I said I didn’t want to discuss it, remember?” She looked at me pointedly and flipped her long, wavy hair over one shoulder. “I just need a guy.”

            Benni glanced over at Noah and James who were always all to willing to volunteer whenever Benni asked them to do anything. Benni was a bit wild, but not in a hooters-girls-gone-wild-wet-t-shirt video sort of way. She was just eccentric and passionate and always threw herself at the next thing: whether it be an art project, a school related endeavor, or a guy.

            “I need a new guy,” she said pointedly. James rolled his eyes.

            “I wasn’t gonna volunteer anyway. I’m into blondes these days, anyway.” James said jokingly.

            “Uh-huh,” I said, sipping my Snapple.

            “Who’s into blondes?” Anabella sat down with her lunch tray. Anabella was a natural blonde and proud of it. “Or should I say who isn’t into blondes,” she laughed and the rest of us joined in.

            “We’re talking about a guy. I need one.”

            Anabella looked up with interest glimmering in her eyes.

            “Know anyone?” Benni asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

            Anabella flipped open her phone. “Lemme check my status updates.” She clicked through for a minute and looked up.  “Well, no really recent news. But I did hear that Chad Mason has been single and looking for, like, months.”

9          Noah burst out laughing and began choking on his water. James slapped his back but could barely contain himself, either. “What is he, like 5’2?”

            Benni pouted but finally nodded her head. “He’s right, I’m not you Ms. Petite. I’m 5’9 and I need a tall guy.”

            I sneaked a look over at Elk who was smiling and quietly chewing his sandwich, but said nothing. I wondered how James was doing. He was naturally athletic with a broad chest and shoulders and dark, ocean blue eyes. I always thought he’d had feelings for Benni. But, he wasn’t saying anything and maybe I was wrong.