Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!! 

~KC Blares

************************************************************************

Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged

Damon’s P.O.V.

I stuffed my backpack into my locker, barely paying attention to Luke going on and on about the basketball game I missed the night before because of patrolling. Dan leaned against the lockers casually, nodding once in a while and pretending to be listening to Luke. He’d barely said a word to me since the night before, but if you asked me, I preferred him that way.

Grabbing my books, I slammed my locker shut and was about to head off to my first period class when my shoulders unintentionally tensed and the temperature in the hallway seemed to have risen. Dan chuckled, crossing his arms. Luke stopped talking in midsentence, his face blank as he stared down the hall. I didn’t have to turn around to know what they were staring at, but I glanced back anyway.

KC stalked down the hall in a pair of skin-tight leather pants that outlined her long slim legs. A low V-neck, midnight blue shirt hugged her body, bringing out her womanly curves. Her raven black hair was wavy, falling down her shoulders. I was practically drooling.

A growl escaped my lips when I noticed who was draped around her shoulders; Justin. KC giggled as he spoke to her, a smile on his own lips. My wolf hated seeing another male holding my mate, but I fought against him, trying to keep him caged along with my instincts. As KC and Justin walked by, her molted grey eyes flickered in my direction, a crimson smile forming on her lips. Her scent washed over me, testing my ability to keep my wolf locked up. Crushing the text book in my hand was all I could do to prevent myself from tearing Justin to shreds before claiming my mate.

            “That wasn’t Blarez that just walked by with Justin practically wrapped around her finger, was it?” Luke gaped, clearly just as shocked as the rest of the guy population in Ashington.

            “Oh, you bet it was,” Dan grinned slyly, his eyes flickering from me to Luke. “Why do you care anyway?” he added with a tease.

            “Uh, I was… I’m… I don’t care. I was just about to ask if she got into some serious car accident that messed up her face or somethin’,” Luke stuttered, trying to replace it with his signature “cool guy” grin. As his words processed through my mind, my wolf became furious that Luke was dissing my mate.